Powered by Mom’s Easy Pasta Salad Recipe
Use up that leftover pasta and vegetables!
I don’t know about you but I always make too much pasta, so we always have leftovers in our home. With just the three of us it’s challenging sometimes to use up leftovers as I’ve got a picky eater and we’re busy, busy parents like a lot of you. I can never seem to make just the right amount of pasta, as I said I always have leftovers but then not everyone wants to eat the leftovers. The best way to get those leftovers eaten I have found is to make them into a new recipe and pasta salad is a perfect example of a way I can get my family to eat that left over pasta!
Now of course you don’t have to wait to have leftovers you can cook this up if you just love pasta salad 🙂
Pasta salad is a perfect example of a way I can get my family to eat that left over pasta! Plus, you can make it ahead and eat it as a side or a main dish, any time of year.
- 16 oz, Elbow Macaroni (tube & shell pasta works too), cooked, drained and rinsed
- 1 bell pepper (any color you prefer, usually we like orange or yellow but this recipe we did green)
- 10 small carrots, or 1 large
- ½ medium onion (optional if my daughter is having it I don’t use onion)
- ½ c. diced celery
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- ½ c white vinegar
- ⅓ c. sugar
- ½ c sweetened condensed milk
- Mix the pasta and the vegetables so in other words all the first few ingredients BEFORE the dressing ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a smaller bowl and mix it in with the pasta mixture.
- Chill for at least two hours before serving. This makes up 10 cups of pasta salad
Depending on what your family likes you can also add things like pumpkin seeds, we love it in ours.
We hope you enjoy this pasta salad recipe. If you try it let us know! What other ways to you create new recipes from leftovers? Feel free to share we’d love to read your comments.