Pasta salad is a perfect example of a way I can get my family to eat that left over pasta! Plus, you can make it ahead and eat it as a side or a main dish, any time of year.
- 16 oz, Elbow Macaroni (tube & shell pasta works too), cooked, drained and rinsed
- 1 bell pepper (any color you prefer, usually we like orange or yellow but this recipe we did green)
- 10 small carrots, or 1 large
- ½ medium onion (optional if my daughter is having it I don’t use onion)
- ½ c. diced celery
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- ½ c white vinegar
- ⅓ c. sugar
- ½ c sweetened condensed milk
- Mix the pasta and the vegetables so in other words all the first few ingredients BEFORE the dressing ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a smaller bowl and mix it in with the pasta mixture.
- Chill for at least two hours before serving. This makes up 10 cups of pasta salad
Depending on what your family likes you can also add things like pumpkin seeds, we love it in ours.