These Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake Brownies are a perfect combination of boxed brownies with a homemade pumpkin cheesecake swirl that delivers amazing flavor!
- 1 box of brownie mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs as per the brownie mix ingredients needed
- AND the egg yolk from the separated egg in the pumpkin swirl
- 3 oz of cream cheese – softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup 100% pure pumpkin – not pie filling
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 egg – separated (Yolk is used in the brownie mix, egg white is used in the pumpkin swirl)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9-inch baking pan and coat with non-stick spray. The pan can be lined with foil or parchment paper for easy removal; spray the lining lightly with non-stick spray.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese and sugar; mix until it’s smooth and creamy. Add in the pumpkin, flour, spices and egg white; mixing again until well combined. Set aside.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to its instructions, adding in the extra egg yolk that was separated from the pumpkin swirl egg. Set aside a 1/2 cup of the brownie mixture and pour the remaining mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Dollop the pumpkin swirl mixture all over the top of the brownies, then dollop the remaining brownie mixture on top of that. Using a knife, swirl through the top to create a nice swirl pattern.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely before cutting. Store covered in the refrigerator.
Keywords: Brownies, pumpkin brownies, desserts, Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake Brownie