Easy and Tasty Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips Recipe
Who loves banana bread? You’ll definitely want to check out this easy and tasty banana bread with chocolate chips recipe! The chocolate chips are optional but we just love them so I added them. Updated Photo – May 2020
This month I’ve been in a mood for baking and making lots of different foods. I’ve been tired of the same old thing for breakfast, lunch and dinner and wanted some new snacks too. I love to bake but I don’t always have time and I don’t like to clean up the mess LOL. However, I do love freshly baked items and I love to do it with my daughter so we had a baking week.
We all love this banana bread with chocolate chips so this was an easy choice as our first baking item to do. We always double the recipe so we can get at least two loaves.
Who is ready to check out our easy and tasty banana bread with chocolate chips recipe? Let’s get to it shall we?Print
If you love banana bread you will want to try this easy banana bread with chocolate chips recipe. Easy, oh so tasty & it’s a great recipe to bake with kids.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional in my opinion)
- ½ cup of softened butter
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar (I use Demerara sugar but most use regular brown sugar)
- 2 eggs – beaten
- 2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional but we LOVE vanilla)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease loaf pans (we use cooking spray)
- Combine all the dry ingredients into one large bowl
- In a separate bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients bowl and stir (do not over mix) until moistened.
- Gently fold in half of the chocolate chips. The batter will be thick and lumpy. (Do not over mix)
- Pour batter in loaf pan/s and top with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake 50-60 minutes (depends on your oven) or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Set for 30 minutes and then put on a cooling rack
If you would like to add chopped walnuts add it at the same time with the chocolate chips in the batter.
Keywords: banana bread, chocolate chips, sweet bread, recipe, dessert, snack
Looks easy right? It really is that easy to make this banana bread with chocolate chips and trust me when I say you’ll want to double the recipe! One loaf never lasts very long around here, even if I make two loaves it doesn’t last long.
Make sure to check out some of our other tasty recipes we’ve got it all from snacks, appetizers, main meals and desserts!
How to store banana bread with chocolate chips
You need to store the banana bread with chocolate chips in preferably an airtight container for up to three days, ours never lasts that long before it’s gone.
How long does Banana Bread last? Banana bread can last up to three days at room temperature or 5-7 days in the refrigerator or so I’m told because again we eat ours too quickly lol
Can You Freeze Banana Bread?
Yes you can freeze the entire loaf in an airtight container or vacuum seal bag (on gentle). I suggest slicing it first though to make it easier when you defrost it so it’s ready eat.
When you want a slice, just remove it from the freezer and microwave it for 15-30 seconds, depending on your microwave.
If you try this recipe let us know how you like it. Don’t forget to PIN this recipe for later!
Recipes you might like: