Easy and Tasty Banana Bread Recipe
Who loves banana bread? You’ll definitely want to check out this easy and tasty banana bread recipe!
This month I’ve been in a mood for baking and making lots of different foods. I’ve been tired of the same old thing for breakfast, lunch and dinner and wanted some new snacks too. I love to bake but I don’t always have time and I don’t like to clean up the mess LOL. However, I do love freshly baked items and I love to do it with my daughter so we had a baking week.
We all love banana bread so this was an easy choice as our first baking item to do. We sometimes like to add chocolate chips but as my daughter said banana bread is so good it doesn’t need the chocolate chips so we skipped it this time.
We always double the recipe so we can get at least two loaves.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional in my opinion)
- ½ cup of softened butter
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar (I use Demerara sugar but most use regular brown sugar)
- 2 eggs – beaten
- 2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional but we LOVE vanilla)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit and grease loaf pans (we use cooking spray)
- Combine all the dry ingredients into one large bowl
- In a separate bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients bowl and stir (do not over mix) until moistened.
- Pour batter in loaf pan/s
- Bake 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.
- Set for 10-15 minutes and the put on a cooling rack