If you love banana bread you will want to try this easy banana bread with chocolate chips recipe. Easy, oh so tasty & it’s a great recipe to bake with kids.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional in my opinion)
- ½ cup of softened butter
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar (I use Demerara sugar but most use regular brown sugar)
- 2 eggs – beaten
- 2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional but we LOVE vanilla)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease loaf pans (we use cooking spray)
- Combine all the dry ingredients into one large bowl
- In a separate bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients bowl and stir (do not over mix) until moistened.
- Gently fold in half of the chocolate chips. The batter will be thick and lumpy. (Do not over mix)
- Pour batter in loaf pan/s and top with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake 50-60 minutes (depends on your oven) or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Set for 30 minutes and then put on a cooling rack
If you would like to add chopped walnuts add it at the same time with the chocolate chips in the batter.
Keywords: banana bread, chocolate chips, sweet bread, recipe, dessert, snack