Powered by Mom’s Fancy Vanilla Cupcakes Recipe
You can never go wrong with Vanilla Cupcakes, it always sure to please even picky eaters!
We love vanilla cupcakes because they will go with just about anything, are fabulous for any occasion, everyone seems to love them, you can fancy them, change the color of the icing, decorate with lots of color or keep it subtle. The options are endless when it comes to vanilla cupcakes and we love it!
You can decorate them the easy way and it looks so good. Just like in our picture you can use cute little flags or other decorations that you just stick in with the toothpick, a couple of sprinkles or pearls, really whatever you want, choose your color scheme and have fun! We love the icing on this one it’s just so divine and we think you’ll love it too so now on to this yummy Fancy Vanilla Cupcake Recipe!Print
- Vanilla Cupcake
- 1/2 cup butter (room temp)
- 2 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- Edible Pearls
- 2 sticks butter (room temp)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3–4 cups Powder sugar
- 2 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream.
- Vanilla Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Set up your cupcake pan with liners
- Using a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer or Kitchenaid on medium to high for 30 seconds.
- Now add sugar, and vanilla to the butter and beat until combined.
- Add egg whites, and eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Alternate, the flour mixture and milk to butter mixture, beating on low speed until everything is well mixed together
- Fill the cupcake pan liners 2/3 with cake batter
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from pan and allow to cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes before frosting
- In large mixing bowl, beat butter on high speed until stiff and fluffy.
- Add 3 cups of sugar, one at a time.
- Scrape the sides to get all of the sugar.
- Add the heavy cream to the mixing bowl to smooth out the frosting.
- add the last cup of sugar.
- Beat until smooth
- Pipe the frosting onto the cupcake and place the edible pearls onto the top of cupcake.
- Serving Size: 12
Is your mouth watering yet at all that cupcake goodness? I know it’s always more work to do cupcakes from scratch but it’s totally worth it! I love baking with my daughter and doing vanilla cupcakes from scratch gives us that fun time of just doing something together and then of course enjoying the fruits of our labor or in this case the cupcakes of our labor. We really enjoy that part I must admit!
Don’t these just look good enough to eat? Um well yeah of course that’s the whole point!
One part that I think is lots of fun with younger kids and something I did with my daughter when I was younger was that we would let them do the decorating part. We would put the icing on but give them all the fun decorating tools, lots and lots of different colored sprinkles, stick ems as we used to call the little decorations that were attached to toothpicks, there always so many you can select from and the best part is those ones you can get from the dollar store!
We hope you enjoy these! What is one of your favorite treats to make or just eat?
Get our FREE Simply Sweet Recipes eBook HERE