Powered by Mom’s Gingerbread Cupcakes Recipe
Have I mentioned before that I love gingerbread? We make gingerbread cookies, gingerbread and now it’s time for gingerbread cupcakes oh yum. By the way if you want a quick and easy way to make gingerbread cookies then make sure to check out our post HERE. That’s the only one I use when I don’t make my gingerbread cookies from scratch!
To me gingerbread cupcakes aren’t just for Christmas either, they’re wonderful all fall and winter long. Sit down have a hot chocolate, tea, coffee, latte or in my case a mocha and enjoy some Gingerbread Cupcakes. My daughter and I like to chill it out together and enjoy our gingerbread cupcakes while we catch up on what’s been happening that week, what we’d like to do on the weekend or just have girl gab time or even read our books while enjoying each other’s company.Print
- 1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk, room temperature
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1-2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line 12-count muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In large bowl, beat the butter and brown sugar together on medium speed until creamy. Beat in the egg until combined, scraping down the sides as needed. Beat in the milk, molasses, and vanilla on medium speed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice together until combined. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Beat the cream cheese and butter together on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add icing sugar and 1 Tbsp milk. Beat for 2 minutes. Add the vanilla and 1 more Tbsp milk if needed to thin out. Beat for 1 minute.
- Swirl on the frosting using an icing bag fitted with your desired tip. Sprinkle gingerbread man sprinkles or a pinch of cinnamon to garnish.
What do you think, is that something you’d like to make or do you just want to eat the gingerbread cupcakes? If you do make them I will warn you now that you may want to double the recipe as they won’t last. Just the smell of the gingerbread cupcakes baking in the oven will have kids and adults alike swarming your kitchen!
I’m not kidding when I say their noses will lead them to your kitchen. I had to keep telling my daughter and hubby that they would have to wait until the cupcakes were cooled and frosted before they could have one. Actually I gave in and let them have a warm one without frosting and they enjoyed those thoroughly. The scent is just so tantalizing I think it’s one of my favourite things about gingerbread is just how wonderful it smells!
If you try these delicious gingerbread cupcakes let us know how you liked them we’d love to hear from you!