Super Easy & Sinfully Delicious Gluten Free Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe
This Gluten Free Chocolate Mug is so tasty and it only takes 3-5 minutes to make!
How many desserts though can you make in so little time that are so delicious. Serve with some strawberries or other berries, ice cream or dust with cocoa powder etc.. and it even looks like a fancy dessert. Be warned though this gluten free chocolate mug cake is decadent and rich, it will fill you up quickly. It’s the perfect dessert for sharing, or not.
Now I say this gluten free chocolate mug cake is ready 3-5 minutes because we all know that temperatures on microwaves can vary. Just make sure you’ve got your ice cream ready to serve with this heavenly dessert. It’s not a family favorite. I love that it’s gluten free and really you don’t need to use much sugar either!
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp dark cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Powdered sugar, if desired
- Strawberries, if desired
- Strawberry Ice Cream Topping, if desired
- Place butter in a microwave-safe mug and heat in microwave until melted.
- Remove from microwave and immediately stir in the chocolate chips and cocoa powder. Stir, allowing the chocolate chips to melt.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk the egg, brown sugar, and vanilla together.
- Pour the egg and sugar mixture into the mug of chocolate and butter. Stir until well combined.
- Place mug in microwave and heat for approximately 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on high. Do not overcook!
- Remove from microwave and either serve in the mug or invert onto a plate. (To invert - use a butter knife to go around the edge to loosen the cake. Place saucer on top of mug and flip over.)
- Top with a dusting of powdered sugar and serve with fresh strawberries and ice cream, if desired.
For those who are visual learners like I am here are some in process photos for you of the gluten free chocolate mug cake. Melt butter in microwave and then add chocolate chips right away to melt in the hot butter.
Add to your mug of choice. Make sure there’s enough room for the cake to expand up but not overflow. The cup should be no more than half full, a little less even.
Don’t overcook as it will harden. This is meant to be super moist. Once it’s ready use a knife to loosen the sides and hold a plate to cover the top and turn over.
Top with your favorites but since it’s so rich we LOVED the vanilla ice cream and strawberries with it.
Seriously divine and everyone was so delighted with it. I made it for Valentine’s Day and my hubby and daughter oohed and ahhed out how yummy it was but also how fancy it looked 😉 What they don’t know and all that right?
In addition, you can drizzle Strawberry Ice Cream Topping on the ice cream and strawberries to add a delicious burst of strawberry flavor. I”m also thinking of having it with toasted coconut and coconut ice cream because chocolate and coconut= this mom is in heaven. If you make it let us know how you like it!