- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp dark cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Powdered sugar, if desired
- Strawberries, if desired
- Strawberry Ice Cream Topping, if desired
- Place butter in a microwave-safe mug and heat in microwave until melted.
- Remove from microwave and immediately stir in the chocolate chips and cocoa powder. Stir, allowing the chocolate chips to melt.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk the egg, brown sugar, and vanilla together.
- Pour the egg and sugar mixture into the mug of chocolate and butter. Stir until well combined.
- Place mug in microwave and heat for approximately 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on high. Do not overcook!
- Remove from microwave and either serve in the mug or invert onto a plate. (To invert – use a butter knife to go around the edge to loosen the cake. Place saucer on top of mug and flip over.)
- Top with a dusting of powdered sugar and serve with fresh strawberries and ice cream, if desired.