I know that many people are trying go green and many others want to but think it’s a difficult and perhaps expensive change to make. What do you do to be greener? If you’re not sure where to start or just want more ideas well then I’m here to share a few tips and ideas that my family and I have done to be “greener” that either haven’t cost us anything or very little. In fact one of our few expenses which has saved us money was getting some solar panels. I’ll get to that though but l let’s start with just doing the little things here are some tips that I wanted to share that my family and I do:
- Don’t leave the water running while brushing your teeth
- Have a litterless lunch (or as close as you can get for you & the kids (in the end buying tupperware & re-using will be cheaper than ziploc bags)
- Get in the habit of putting recyclables immediately in the blue box or appropriate bags/containers
- Food waste compost it for your garden
- Turn off lights in rooms that no one is in & take advantage of “solar” power during the day by having no lights on
- Unplug small appliances such as toasters & blenders when not in use it does make a difference!
I am participating in a blogger campaign by Bucks2Blog and was compensated. However, the views and opinions are my own and the information shared above are fact based not fiction as we really do all the tips above. 🙂