Powered by Mom’s Gooey Fudge Cupcakes Recipe
Oh how we love Fudge Cupcakes!
While we try to eat healthy the majority of the time we do like have our indulgences and fudge cupcakes is one of them! After all how can you resist a gooey fudge cupcake? All of that chocolate goodness oh my! It’s all good in moderation so bake a batch and share them, get together with friends, have a little party, bring them to the office. Cupcakes taste even better when they’re shared and of course your waistline will be happier that way too 😉
So without further ado let’s get onto this fudge cupcake recipe shall we?Print
- 2 C sugar
- 1 3/4 C cake flour
- 3/4 C baking cocoa
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 1 C buttermilk, room temp
- 1/2 C canola
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 C boiling water
- 12oz Ghirardelli dark chocolate wafers, broken into small pieces
- 3 cups of powder sugar
- 3 TBSP unsalted butter
- 3 tsp of Fudge topping
- 1 ¼ C heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Chocolate Cupcake Directions:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line your muffin tins with paper cupcake liners.
- Take the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt and whisk it into a mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla in a bowl.
- Beat until creamy
- Now add the dry ingredients to the sugar mix continue beating on medium until the batter is smooth.
- Gradually add the boiling water and mix together until well blended
- Using a ice cream scoop and fill the paper lined cupcake tins 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes
- Remove from he oven and let sit for 5 minutes
- Now remove the cupcakes themselves to a wore rack or on the counter
- Allow to slightly cool before transferring to wire racks.
- Beat chocolate, and butter together in a bowl.
- Heat the heavy cream in a saucepan to a simmer over medium heat.
- Pour the heated heavy cream over the chocolate.
- Continue to blend until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is nice and smooth.
- Add the vanilla and mix until well blended
- Place the chocolate bowl in a refrigerator for 30 minutes
- Using an electric mixer beat the chocolate mixture on medium speed gradually adding the powder sugar.
- Do this until soft peaks form.
- Scoop the frosting into a pastry bag with a large tip.
- Twist the open end of the pastry bag to push the frosting to the tip.
- Start by frosting on the outside edge of the cupcake working to the center of the cupcake.
- Drizzle Fudge on top of the frosting
I know it’s an overload of chocolate goodness, but wait can you overload on chocolate? Well you might with these fudge cupcakes but don’t let that stop you from making a batch. Remember what we said cupcakes are meant for sharing, that way you can have one and not feel guilty and share the rest. You’ll make a lot of people happy if you share these Gooey Fudge Cupcakes with them!
If chocolate or cupcakes aren’t your thing (gasp we can’t imagine) don’t worry we do have many, many more yummy recipes to share. From desserts to snacks, to the main entree. We have healthy foods too, in fact we love healthy meals we just get distracted by the the scrumptiousness out there. If you want to check out our recipes make sure to go HERE and check them all out. Take a browse around, leave a comment we love hearing from people
You can also snag our FREE e-book of our favorite recipes, just look below to get it. Let us know if you make these cupcakes we want to know how you liked them!