Powered by Mom’s Gotrax Hoverfly XL Hoverboard Review
The Gotrax Hoverfly XL Hoverboard is a gift that kids, teens and even adults love to receive!
The cool, built for safety first but oh so fun Gotrax Hoverfly XL Hoverboard is a Powered by Mom Holiday Gift Guide Top Pick. This awesome hoverboard is on many people’s wishlist this year from the very young to the young at heart. It gets you outside, gets you moving, gives you adrenaline and can be a ton of fun for the whole family!
If you’re wanting to get one of these fabulous Hoverfly XL Hoverboards for the holidays make sure to GO HERE to snag one now! Right now you can get $20 off other fun GOTRAX products such as the ECO or Glider by using code POWEREDBYMOM20 HEREI know many a teenager and adults who would love to see this hoverboard under their tree this holiday season or any time of the year. We’re going to share some photos and a video that are unedited so you can see what the hoverboard is like up close and personal.
Seriously though what’s not to love from the rugged 8-inch tires, thrilling torque & speeds, bluetooth speaker & mobile app and the learning modes from beginner to expert. It’s electrical safety certified: Electrical, battery, and charger systems tested & certified to UL 2272 safety standards. This certification means that electrical, battery, and charger systems have been thoroughly tested and certified for safety.
Parents no need to worry about any of issues you may have heard about other hoverboard brands, Gotrax is all about safety. Just make sure the kiddos are suited up with knee pads, elbow pads and a helmet and with some respect for the machine and they’re ready to go.
Lights in the front and the back!
As you can tell we have pine trees all around us hence all the pine needles but I didn’t want to show you photos of it all cleaned up. I wanted to show you what the hoverboard looks like while actually in use.
Check out our one minute video to see the Hoverfly XL Hoverboard in action. No crazy stunts here as we don’t want to give the kids the wrong idea 😉
I realized afterwards that my camera’s microphone wasn’t pick up the music from a distance but you do hear it when my hubby gets closer to where I’m standing. It is more than loud enough when you’re standing there or riding it, you can trust me on that.
Yep that’s hubby on the Gotrax Hoverfly XL Hoverboard. It had been raining earlier so the road was wet but it did not slip and slide at all. No wonder with those rugged tires on them!
Quick 411 on the Gotrax Hoverfly XL Hoverboard
- AVAILABLE IN TWO COLORS: Mars Red & Nebula Black
- ELECTRICAL SAFETY CERTIFIED: Electrical, battery, and charger systems tested & certified to UL 2272 safety standards.
- RUGGED TIRES & FIRST-CLASS DESIGN: 8.5-inch tires and high-quality space materials built to last light-years of cosmic fun!
- THRILLING TOP-RANKING TORQUE: Get a powerful and smooth, self-balancing glide with dual 350W motors.
- BLUETOOTH SPEAKER & APP: Amplify your HOVERFLY with favorite space jams and exclusive features.
- BECOME A MASTER FASTER: Quick and easy hoverboard learning with simple operation and Training Mode.
- Maximum Speed Limit: 7.4 mph (12 kph)
- Maximum Climbing Limit: 30 degrees
- Minimum Weight: 44lb (20 kg) Maximum Weight: 220lb (100 kg)
- Gross Weight: 32.9lb (14.92 kg)
Now if you or no one in the family has ever tried out a hoverboard before here’s a few tips we’d like to share from our own experiences:
- Make sure your hoverboard is charged, plan about 1.5 hours ahead of time from when you want to first ride it to ensure it’s fully charged.
- Have knee pads, elbow pads and a helmet. I know we didn’t show that in the video but safety first especially for the kiddos
- Be prepared to try out the hoverboard in short spurts. It’s a workout on the legs as you try to balance and maneuver
- Start out on a flat surface, don’t go for those hills right off the bat
- Download the app in advance so you’re ready to rock n’ roll or whatever you music you like 😉
- Be safe and just have fun!
Check out those rugged tires on the Gotrax Hoverfly XL Hoverboard!
What did we think?
- Overall we’re impressed with the quality of the Gotrax Hoverfly XL Hoverboard. It’s well built, solid and has some nice features. The bluetooth speaker has decent sound and the hoverboard is easy to maneuver.
- We’ve tried out other hoverboards and for the price point the Gotrax Hoverfly XL Hoverboard gives you a lot of bang for your buck so to speak. It has the quality and features of more expensive hoverboards.
- It’s a good size for kids to adults and well built to accommodate the various ages and sizes.
- Overall it’s a fun machine built for safety that would make a great gift any time of the year. Hence why it made it onto our Holiday Gift Guide!
- Make sure to check out other fabulous gift ideas for the entire family on our Holiday Gift Guide HERE.
Do you know someon who just has to have one of these Gotrax Hoverfly XL hoverboards? GO HERE to purchase one now or find out more about it. Have a ton of fun with the family while you all get outside and get moving. What could be better than some fun that makes you work at your balance and gives you a godo work out too!