- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 box of shaped pasta, 16oz (any shape is fine) – can substitute with gluten-free pasta
- 2 cans tomato soup
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper, optional
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat approx. 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add the ground beef, onions and seasonings to the skillet and cook until the beef is cooked through. Break the beef up into small pieces as it cooks.
- Add the tomato soup and 1/2 can of water to the beef mixture. Stir to combine and turn the heat down to low.
- When the pasta is done cooking, drain it well and add it to the beef mixture.
- Stir to combine and serve immediately with Parmesan cheese.