Grilled Chicken Salad with Strawberries & Strawberry Vinaigrette Dressing
Grilling season is here so let’s start with this Grilled Chicken Salad with Strawberries
May is here and that means more grilling time! I’ve been grilling on the bbq since the beginning of April, but as long as it’s not freezing outside I try to grill. When I grill one of my favourite recipes to make is this Grilled Chicken Salad with Strawberries. You top it off with the light but tasty strawberry vinaigrette and this salad becomes one delicious and filling meal!
Grilled Chicken Salad with Strawberries is Full of Flavour
I love this Grilled Chicken with Strawberries and Strawberry Vinaigrette because it’s so yummy, and it’s the perfect summer meal. The slight sweetness of the strawberries complements the spiciness of the cayenne in the dressing. Grilled chicken and strawberries on a salad along with the sweet and slightly spicy vinaigrette is bursting with flavours that taste so good together!
At the heart of every tasty recipe are quality ingredients from the main ingredient like the chicken to the veggies. We always get chicken raised by a Canadian Farmer. We just look for the logo (see below) and we know we’ve got our Canadian chicken which is grain-fed, free of hormones and steroids.
Grocery Shopping Made Easy
I’m notorious for forgetting what I need to get at the store once I’m actually there. Fortunately Chicken Farmers of Canada’s grocery app helps me with that. Now I never forget what I need to make that next yummy recipe. I love that you the grocery list app lets you create multiple lists and I can share my lists with my hubby in case I need him to pick up the groceries.
Now let’s get on to this delicious Grilled Chicken with Strawberries and Strawberry Vinaigrette shall we?Print
- Romaine lettuce (Baby Spinach or Arugula may also be used)
- Thin cut boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Red and yellow bell peppers
- Red onion, if desired
- Grape tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- Strawberries, thinly sliced vertically (8 berries for dressing, a few to slice for salad, and a few whole to serve with the salad)
- Crumbled Feta Cheese
- Candied Pecans pieces (I used Bourbon Praline Pecans)
- 8 Strawberries
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Pomegranate Infused Red Wine Vinegar (I used Pompeian brand – a garlic infused vinegar will also work)
- Sea Salt, to taste (approx. 1/4 tsp)
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste (approx. 1/4 tsp)
- Cayenne pepper flakes, to taste (1/2 tsp is a good amount for a little zing, but not overly hot)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Grill chicken breast on grill. Thin cut chicken breast cook fast, so watch carefully!
- Wash and tear (tearing keeps the lettuce from browning) the romaine lettuce into bite size pieces and place on dinner plate.
- Prepare the red and yellow bell pepper by capping and removing seeds. Slice thinly through the whole pepper and then cut each slice in half to make thin strips. You may also dice, if you prefer.
- Wash and cut the grape tomatoes in half lengthwise.
- Slice the red onion into razor thin slices and then half each strip.
- Wash and cap the strawberries. Slice thin vertically and place in salads.
- Add the bell peppers, onions, grape tomatoes, and thin sliced strawberries to the romaine lettuce in the salad plate.
- Sprinkle with crumbled Feta cheese.
- Add candied pecans, if desired (highly recommend, yum). Candied pecans add a nice sweetness and crunch to the salad.
- Cut grilled chicken into strips and top each of the salads with several strips.
- Serve with Strawberry Vinaigrette dressing on the side.
- Add all the dressing ingredients (strawberries, Balsamic vinegar, Pomegranate Infused Red Wine Vinegar, sea salt, ground pepper, cayenne pepper, and olive oil) to a blender and process until well blended and smooth.
- Serve in a small container or bowl with the salad.
- The cayenne pepper adds just the right amount of heat with the sweetness of the strawberries, dressing, and crunchy candied pecans for a deliciously sweet and spicy taste.
I know it looks like a lot to do but when you start to make this yummy Grilled Chicken Salad with Strawberries it’s not that hard. You can of course substitute ingredients. I personally don’t like raw onions but my hubby does. So his salad has them and mine doesn’t the candied pecans add a nice crunchiness and yummy flavour to the salad but again you can not have them or switch it with something you like. If you ant your chicken perfectly cooked each time use the Chicken.ca cooking chart. It doesn’t matter if you’re grilling, roasting or cooking in a skillet, it covers them all.
Chicken.ca really does make it easy for you to cook your chicken, the app helps with your grocery shopping and if you need recipe inspiration they have a ton of recipes as well!
$5,000 Backyard Makeover Contest
Wow this is a fabulous giveaway! Chicken Farmers of Canada wants to help you get your yard ready for grilling season! They are giving away a $5,000 Backyard Makeover to a lucky Canadian!
#NoNakedChicken Twitter Party
Come and join us for the #NoNakedChicken Twitter Party on May 16th at 9pm EST! There are some fabulous prizes which include a BBQ, free standing hammock and a $200 Home Depot Gift Card! RSVP BELOW!
Disclosure: I am participating in the Chicken Farmers of Canada campaign managed by SJ Consulting. I received compensation in exchange for my participation in this campaign. The opinions on this blog are my own.