- Romaine lettuce (Baby Spinach or Arugula may also be used)
- Thin cut boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Red and yellow bell peppers
- Red onion, if desired
- Grape tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- Strawberries, thinly sliced vertically (8 berries for dressing, a few to slice for salad, and a few whole to serve with the salad)
- Crumbled Feta Cheese
- Candied Pecans pieces (I used Bourbon Praline Pecans)
- 8 Strawberries
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Pomegranate Infused Red Wine Vinegar (I used Pompeian brand – a garlic infused vinegar will also work)
- Sea Salt, to taste (approx. 1/4 tsp)
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste (approx. 1/4 tsp)
- Cayenne pepper flakes, to taste (1/2 tsp is a good amount for a little zing, but not overly hot)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Grill chicken breast on grill. Thin cut chicken breast cook fast, so watch carefully!
- Wash and tear (tearing keeps the lettuce from browning) the romaine lettuce into bite size pieces and place on dinner plate.
- Prepare the red and yellow bell pepper by capping and removing seeds. Slice thinly through the whole pepper and then cut each slice in half to make thin strips. You may also dice, if you prefer.
- Wash and cut the grape tomatoes in half lengthwise.
- Slice the red onion into razor thin slices and then half each strip.
- Wash and cap the strawberries. Slice thin vertically and place in salads.
- Add the bell peppers, onions, grape tomatoes, and thin sliced strawberries to the romaine lettuce in the salad plate.
- Sprinkle with crumbled Feta cheese.
- Add candied pecans, if desired (highly recommend, yum). Candied pecans add a nice sweetness and crunch to the salad.
- Cut grilled chicken into strips and top each of the salads with several strips.
- Serve with Strawberry Vinaigrette dressing on the side.
- Add all the dressing ingredients (strawberries, Balsamic vinegar, Pomegranate Infused Red Wine Vinegar, sea salt, ground pepper, cayenne pepper, and olive oil) to a blender and process until well blended and smooth.
- Serve in a small container or bowl with the salad.
- The cayenne pepper adds just the right amount of heat with the sweetness of the strawberries, dressing, and crunchy candied pecans for a deliciously sweet and spicy taste.