This delicious Hawaiian BBQ chicken is the perfect grilling recipe do enjoy for those backyard get togethers or just because. It’s moist and oh so flavourful.
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- ¾ cup ketchup
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- 2–1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1–1/2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- In a large bowl, whisk together pineapple juice, brown sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, broth, ginger and garlic until combined. Reserve 1 cup marinade for basting, then cover and refrigerate. Add chicken breast to bowl, ladle sauce over chicken, then refrigerate for 30 minutes to overnight.
- Drain the chicken and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil, then using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until no longer pink and a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest portion reads 165 degrees. Baste occasionally with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes. Serve with grilled pineapple slices and coconut rice.
Keywords: chicken, grilled, bbq, Hawaiian bbq