Grilled Honey Sriracha Chicken Bowl Recipe
Top off this honey sriracha chicken salad bowl with a raspberry vinaigrette!
Honey Sriracha Chicken is the perfect grilled protein to top this bowl of greens and veggies for a flavour packed meal everyone loves. Bonus the raspberry vinaigrette while optional is a lovely accompaniment to the honey sriracha chicken and salad.
It blends beautifully with the spiciness without overpowering the marinade flavours. It’s also super easy to make and I will link to the easy peasy recipe for that too!
Pssst make sure to go to the end of this post to enter for an AMAZING giveaway – hint hint who could use a new awesome propane gas bbq?!! How about $5000? Yes there’s actually two giveaways below!
Disclosure: I am participating in the Chicken Farmers of Canada campaign managed by SJ Consulting. I received compensation in exchange for my participation in this campaign. The opinions on this blog are my own.
We’ve been having some fabulous weather lately, hot and sunny it’s been feeling like summer came early. Just another excuse to fire up the barbecue and get grilling, one of my favourite ways to prepare food, especially chicken! So I decided to put a twist on a family favourite and used the marinade (with a few minor changes) from my honey sriracha chicken thighs recipe and use it on chicken breasts and serve on a yummy salad. If you’ve been following Powered by Mom for a while then you might already know that we only buy chicken that has the Raised by a Canadian Chicken Farmer logo like the one below.
We’ve made this important choice for a variety of reasons including but not limited to the fact that Canadian chicken is a healthy choice is that it’s grain-fed, free of added hormones and steroids, and raised right here in Canada according to nationally-set, high food safety and animal care standards.
- There is a mandatory, robust, third-party-audited Animal Care Program that is administered across all Canadian chicken farms.
- Canadian chicken farmers adhere to a strict mandatory On-Farm Food Safety Program.
- Canadian chicken farmers are committed to sustainability through innovation, by preserving the health of the land, providing value to Canada’s economy, & making affordable food for Canadians.
Last but not least chicken is so versatile that the recipe ideas are endless and my family just loves chicken. Since we consume so much of it I like to make sure we’re getting good quality chicken and bonus we’re supporting Canadian farms, many of which are family run and operated.
Now who is ready to get the recipe for our honey sriracha chicken? Let’s get to it shall we?Print
Honey Sriracha Chicken is the perfect grilled protein to top this bowl of greens and veggies for a flavour packed meal everyone loves.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup honey (I like PRI’s Manuka Honey )
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons Tamari or soy sauce (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
Salad of your choice but below is what I used
- Butter Lettuce
- Grape Tomatoes
- Diced Cucumber
- Diced Orange and Red Bell Peppers
- In a small bowl, mix honey, soy sauce, Sriracha sauce & olive oil (reserve a ¼ of the marinade for later).
- Sprinkle the chicken on both sides with the garlic and place in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the marinade mixture to the chicken and stir to make sure the chicken is coated. Marinade for a minimum 30 minutes. If you can marinade for at least 3 hours that’s even better or overnight.
- Heat the grill for medium-high heat & then reduce to medium-low just before you put the chicken on. Sear on each side. Grill the chicken until just cooked through or when the internal temperature of the chicken is75° Celsius. I recommend using a meat thermometer whenever possible.
- Remove from grill and brush the reserved 1/4 cup marinade on the chicken as a glaze.
- Rest the chicken for 5 minutes before slicing it.
- Serve on top of your salad bowl and drizzle raspberry vinaigrette on top of chicken and salad.
The raspberry vinaigrette dressing recipe we used can be found HERE.
The honey sriracha marinade makes for a very tender & juicy chicken and the juices from the marinade blend so nicely with the raspberry vinaigrette. However, I do find it’s still very flavourful if you’d like to skip the vinaigrette. You could also add fresh raspberries to the salad.
The chill time for the chicken is not included in the total time
Keywords: chicken, grilled chicken, healthy chicken, bbq chicken, sriracha chicken, sriracha, honey sriracha chicken
Don’t forget if to drizzle our raspberry vinaigrette dressing on top of this salad and chicken (we recommend this – so good).
I like my salads to be colourful as I find it makes it tasty and I’m getting a whole lot of yummy and healthy goodness. Salads are wonderful for a variety of reasons, especially in the summer with hotter weather we all tend to eat less. This way family members can also add what they love to their own salads. Hubby loves raw onions, my daughter and I not so much. We all get what we want topped with this delicious honey sriracha chicken. My daughter also loves to have this honey sriracha chicken with her brown rice. It goes with almost everything! Just look at how tender & juicy that chicken is above. You can see the marinade juices on the top layer and the vinaigrette on it, together it’s so delicious but also good on its own. Make sure to PIN this recipe for later, you won’t regret making this yummy honey sriracha chicken with raspberry vinaigrette.
Now remember I said there are two awesome giveaways? Here’s the 411 on first one:
Chicken Farmers of Canada is giving away $5000 this summer! Yes, $5000 to one lucky Canadian. You can enter on their site HERE for that amazing contest which ends June 2, 2019.Up next is the other fabulous prize a Nexgrill 3-burner 40,500 BTU Propane Gas BBQ Grill with Cover (in the event that this prize cannot be sent, the winner will receive a BBQ of comparative value). This giveaway is open May 15 – May 30, 2019 and is open to all Canadians 18+. Just enter on the giveaway tools below.
Make sure to stop by and check out all the helpful information from how to cook various cuts of chicken, a ton of great recipes and well everything chicken on the Chicken Farmers of Canada website and social channels. I go to their site for the yummy recipes and whenever I just need to know something about chicken like safe handling and more.
If you try this recipe let us know we’d love to hear from you!