Honey Sriracha Chicken is the perfect grilled protein to top this bowl of greens and veggies for a flavour packed meal everyone loves.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup honey (I like PRI’s Manuka Honey )
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons Tamari or soy sauce (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
Salad of your choice but below is what I used
- Butter Lettuce
- Grape Tomatoes
- Diced Cucumber
- Diced Orange and Red Bell Peppers
- In a small bowl, mix honey, soy sauce, Sriracha sauce & olive oil (reserve a ¼ of the marinade for later).
- Sprinkle the chicken on both sides with the garlic and place in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the marinade mixture to the chicken and stir to make sure the chicken is coated. Marinade for a minimum 30 minutes. If you can marinade for at least 3 hours that’s even better or overnight.
- Heat the grill for medium-high heat & then reduce to medium-low just before you put the chicken on. Sear on each side. Grill the chicken until just cooked through or when the internal temperature of the chicken is75° Celsius. I recommend using a meat thermometer whenever possible.
- Remove from grill and brush the reserved 1/4 cup marinade on the chicken as a glaze.
- Rest the chicken for 5 minutes before slicing it.
- Serve on top of your salad bowl and drizzle raspberry vinaigrette on top of chicken and salad.
The raspberry vinaigrette dressing recipe we used can be found HERE.
The honey sriracha marinade makes for a very tender & juicy chicken and the juices from the marinade blend so nicely with the raspberry vinaigrette. However, I do find it’s still very flavourful if you’d like to skip the vinaigrette. You could also add fresh raspberries to the salad.
The chill time for the chicken is not included in the total time
Keywords: chicken, grilled chicken, healthy chicken, bbq chicken, sriracha chicken, sriracha, honey sriracha chicken