Halloween Eyeballs Easy Halloween Cupcakes Recipe
This Halloween Eyeballs Easy Halloween Cupcakes recipe creates a fun and easy eyeball topping that is both spooky and delicious!
Halloween Eyeballs Cupcakes – Fun to Make!
I have a confession to make, I love Halloween! We join good friends of ours every Halloween as they go all out in decorating their yard and they get a ton of kids to their place. We get like 5 if we’re lucky as we’re on a dead-end street with houses lining one side of the street and a forest on the other side of the street so it makes for a dark street at night time. Too scary maybe for the kids but I think it’s because there are not as many houses to get some treats from!
Easy Halloween Cupcakes for Halloween Family Fun
We have Halloween fun with our friends who now usually have a few families over. It started with us and our daughter and theirs are the same age and went to school together from kindergarten until they graduated this year! It’s a tradition, we all have a hearty dinner together and afterwards, the “kids” headed out to trick or treat and the parents stayed home (once the kiddos were old enough of course) chatting, handing out candy and checking out all the cute and scary costumes of the kids (and some parents too).
It’s a tradition we’ve been doing for over 10 years and have come to love. Part of that tradition along with a yummy dinner is some fun and yummy treats too like these Halloween Eyeballs Easy Halloween Cupcakes. I will be making a batch of these Halloween Eyeballs Cupcakes to bring this year.
At other parties and events, these Unicorn Cupcakes have been a hit. Make sure you bookmark those as well!
Let’s get on to how to make these fun and tasty Halloween Cupcakes shall we?Print
This Halloween Eyeballs Easy Halloween Cupcakes recipe uses a cake mix as base and creates a fun and easy eyeball topping that is both spooky and delicious!
For the cupcakes
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup buttermilk
For the buttercream
- ¼ cup softened butter, unsalted
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- 5–6 oz. white fondant
- Green gel icing
- 1–2 oz. black fondant
- Red edible marker
- Line a muffin tin with paper cupcake liners and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift together all dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar and vegetable oil.
- In thirds, add dry ingredients into wet ingredients, alternating with buttermilk.
- Once batter is formed, scoop into lined muffin tin, filling each section about 2/3 of the way.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Allow to cool before decorating.
- To prepare the buttercream, use an electric mixer to beat all ingredients together. Start on low and the gradually increase to high.
- Once all ingredients are well-combined and form semi-stiff peaks, use an offset spatula to frost a thin layer of buttercream on each cupcake.
Fondant and Decorating Cupcakes
- With a rolling pin, roll out white fondant until it’s about ¼ of an inch thick.
- Using a circular cookie cutter, about 2.5 inches in diameter, cut out 12 fondant circles.
- Press one circle on each cupcake.
- Frost a circle of green gel icing on the center of each covered cupcake.
- Roll out 12 black fondant spheres, about 1/3 of an inch in size. Flatten each one slightly.
- Place one fondant sphere in the center of the green portion of the eye.
- Using the red marker, draw random lines on the white portion of the cupcake.
- Serve and enjoy!
Keywords: cupcakes, Halloween, eyeball cupcakes
Can I use a cake mix?
Of course you can, feel free to use your favorite cake recipe or to make it even easier a cake mix of your choice! They are easy to make and even though I made these from scratch and they are tasty, a red velvet cupcake mix for these Halloween Eyeballs Cupcakes is in my opinion also a great choice!Does it look easier than you thought to make these tasty and fun Halloween cupcakes? I am going to show you a few more photos of the decorating steps.
Can you freeze the cupcakes?
Of course you can, up to 2-3 days ahead of time unless you’re wanting to freeze them, then you can do it farther ahead. However, I recommend making the fondant in advance (if you don’t want to do it all in the same day) as fondant can be frozen for a long time. You can make the white circles of the fondant and put parchment paper in between to freeze them as well as the “black pupils”. This will give you less to do on the day you’re making the Halloween Eyeballs Cupcakes.
What do you think are you ready to make these fun and tasty Halloween Eyeballs Cupcakes? You and the kiddos can have fun making them together, heck my teen and I certainly did!
Although like most treats I think we enjoyed eating these easy Halloween cupcakes even more! You might want to make a double batch if your family is anything like mine where yummy food doesn’t last long. I will be making a few dozen for the Halloween get-together.
Make sure to pin this fun and tasty Halloween Cupcakes for when you’re ready to make them!
If you make these eyeballs cupcakes let us know how you liked them or how you might have changed them! We love hearing from everyone. Make sure to check out our other recipes as we’ve got everything from appetizers and desserts to main dishes. You’ll want to check out this fun Halloween treat that is oh so easy to make these Oreo Monster Cookies!