This Healthy Chicken Salad with Avocado is a great way to make sandwiches or wraps that are satisfying, full of protein, and healthy fats this summer!
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons shallots, fine diced*
- 1 tablespoon serrano pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 6 tortillas
- 1 cup queso fresco
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded chicken, avocado, hard-boiled eggs, mayo, cilantro, shallots, serrano pepper, lemon juice, chili powder, and garlic. Toss gently to combine, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide queso fresco and tomatoes between 6 tortillas and fill with the avocado chicken salad. Gently fold to create each wrap and slice in half to serve.
- To store, press plastic wrap tightly over salad mixture to keep air out and keep avocado from turning brown. Use within 2-3 days.
Keywords: chicken, chicken salad, avocado, chicken wraps, chicken salad wraps, chicken salad sandwiches