Make this Cream Cheese Cinnamon Roll Recipe for a surprise treat your family will love! Cinnamon sugar in soft rolls topped with homemade cream cheese icing! To save time so you can eat this scrumptious treat even quicker we’ve cut out some of the waiting time and went the quick rise bread route, so you only have one “rise” to wait on
- 3 1/4 cups flour (up to 3 1/2 cups if your dough is too wet)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup loosely packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons butter room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups icing sugar
- Heat oven to 200°F (100°C) or as low as it will allow you to preheat it. TURN IT OFF AS SOON AS IT’S HEATED UP (Should be off for 10 minutes BEFORE putting in the pan per step# 9)
- In a small microwavable bowl, heat the milk, and butter together in the microwave until the butter is melted (about 30-45 seconds). DO NOT OVERHEAT
- In a large mixing bowl mix 2 1/4 cups of flour, yeast, sugar, and salt. Put the bowl on a stand mixer with the dough hook. Add the egg and slowly add the milk & butter mix & the remaining 1 cup of flour until the dough starts to form and become smooth. (If kneading by hand do so until all the ingredients are smooth)
- Let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll out dough onto a lightly floured surface, into a 19-inch x 13–inch rectangle. Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl.
- Brush the softened butter over the dough and sprinkle evenly with brown sugar and cinnamon mix. Gently rub the cinnamon mixture into the butter.
- On one of the long sides, roll up dough tightly; then gently pinch the seam down to seal.
- Cut dough into slices. We do about 1 inch to get anywhere from 10-12 slices.
- Place in a greased 9×13 inch pan and cover with a damp cloth and place in the preheated oven that should now be turned off. (Let rise for 30 minutes or until you’ve seen the rolls have raised almost double in size). If your house is quite warm you can let the rolls rise at room temperature but we’ve had great success with using the oven method. If you have a proofing setting for your oven you can use that instead.
- Remove the rolls from the oven and preheat it to 175°C | 350°F.
- Uncover rolls; bake for 25 minutes, or until lightly golden. Cool before adding cream cheese icing.
- Prepare icing while rolls are baking. Beat together the cream cheese, butter and vanilla, until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in the powdered sugar until lump free. Spread icing over rolls.
- Calories: 322
- Sugar: 25g
- Sodium: 148mg
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 46g
Keywords: cream cheese frosting, cream cheese icing, homemade cream cheese cinnamon rolls, cinnamon rolls, one rise cinnamon rolls