- 7–8 fresh chicken tenders (or choose your favorite cut)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- Cayenne pepper flakes, to taste (I used 1 Tabl. a lot. We like ours extra spicy)*
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 10 oz pkg frozen asparagus tips (fresh if available) (can substitute green beans)
- Matchstick carrots
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pat chicken tenders dry and then brush with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place in a baking pan. I like to use one with a rack, but it is not necessary.
- Bake approximately 20-25 minutes in a 350 degree oven or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees – basically done.
- While chicken is in oven, combine the balsamic, honey, and red pepper flakes.
- Remove chicken from oven and transfer to a large skillet. Pour the balsamic mixture over the chicken. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer and continue cooking until the mixture thickens and resembles a syrup. Turn chicken often as it is simmering.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add asparagus and carrots to the skillet with the sauce. Salt and pepper to taste and cook approximately 5 mins. Stir often to coat in the sauce. Carrots should remain crisp, but not hard.
- Remove from skillet and combine with chicken tenders. Add the sliced grape tomatoes.
- Spoon the extra sauce over the chicken and veggies.
- Serve alone or with rice.
*Adjust Cayenne Pepper according to your preference of spiciness. If serving to children, you will certainly want to adjust. I used one tablespoon, and it is very spicy!
If you prefer more sauce as a coating, simply double the amounts of balsamic vinegar and raw honey.