A little sweet and spicy Honey Sriracha Chicken Recipe
You can have this Honey Sriracha Chicken as spicy (or not) as you want.
Who likes it spicy? This Honey Sriracha Chicken has a sweet yummy taste with a slight hint of spice from the sriracha sauce. Perfect for a family meal. However, for a family meal double the recipe.
Now I like this Honey Sriracha Chicken on the spicier side but my husband and daughter like it less spicy. So I coat their chicken first and then add more of the spicy goodness to the marinade for my pieces of chicken goodness.
I serve mine with vegetables and the family also loves it with brown rice. Now who is ready to try this sweet and spicy deliciousness of this honey sriracha chicken?
- 4 chicken thighs, deboned with skin-on
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Sesame seeds, optional
- 3 tablespoons honey (preferably raw honey - we like PRI's Manuka Honey or Honeydew Honey)
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon Sriracha chili sauce
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a small bowl, mix ONE-HALF of the honey, soy sauce, Sriracha sauce, apple cider vinegar, and salt.
- Sprinkle the chicken on both sides with the garlic and place in a medium sized bowl.
- Add the marinade mixture to the chicken and stir to make sure the chicken is coated. Marinade for approximately 30 minutes.
- Add oil to a skillet and warm on medium heat. Add chicken to skillet and cook on both sides until chicken in cooked through.
- Add the other half of the marinade mixture to the skillet with the chicken. Allow to simmer and thicken.
- Sprinkle with Sesame seeds if desired.
- Serve with a side dish such as broccoli, skillet fried broccoli with onions and soy sauce, fried green beans, or your favorite veggies.
Instead of mixing the full ingredients for the marinade mix, I find it easier to half the ingredients into 2 bowls when mixing.
In the final couple of minutes of cooking, you may brush the top of chicken with a little more honey for extra yummy goodness.
Other cuts of chicken are also perfect for this recipe. Use your favorite legs, thighs, breast, etc.
It really is as easy as it sounds and looks. Just take a look at some of our in-process photos below.
Up first the ingredients. I grew up with this “Rooster” brand as we used to call it of Sriracha. There’s always a bottle of it in my fridge. Having a Vietnamese mother this was always the brand of choice but go with what yo like. By the way if you didn’t know the wording there around the Rooster that’s the Vietnamese written language where it says Tuong Ot etc.. 🙂
Getting the marinade ready.
Marinade for at least 30 minutes. Remember if someone likes it spicier than others then set aside some marinade to add some extra Sriracha to it.
Into the frying pan.
Add more marinade as it starts to cook.Add veggies. I also like these with snap peas, carrots and well almost anything works. This Honey Sriracha chicken is ready to serve however you like it. It’s so yummy even own it’s own!
Who is ready to dig in to this delicious Honey Sriracha Chicken recipe?
Now doesn’t that look easy? Of course the longer you marinade the chicken the more flavour but even after 30 minutes of marinading it’s darn good.
Looking for some more yummy chicken recipes?
Check out our recipe section for more yummy recipes. For even more delicious chicken recipes check out Chicken.ca