Powered by Mom is celebrating Honeycomb Cereals 50th Birthday!
Honeycomb Chocolate Snowflake Treats Recipe
That’s right Post Honeycomb cereal is turning 50 this year. You all know the shape and sweet honey taste have made this cereal a breakfast classic. Believe it or not until recently I had not tried Honeycomb cereal (GASP). Of course I knew the name but for some reason in all this time I had yet to try it! My 13 year old daughter also hadn’t tried it, she was quite eager to do so.
Apparently my daughter was so eager to try it she ripped open the box oops. The cereal was gone by the end of the week!
Yes apparently she liked it so I had to buy another box, especially when I discoveredthat not only is it tasty as your morning cereal but you can also make some yummy treats with it too! Oh yes you can, Honeycomb cereal is wonderful for baking and creating some great treats. You can make yummy snacks like Monkey Munch or muffins with a playful twist like Morning Cereal Muffins,
After I bought another box of Honeycomb cereal my daughter and I decided to get creative in the kitchen and we made what we call Honeycomb snowflakes!
That’s all you need above is some Honeycomb cereal, coconut flakes and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (feel free to add more for intense chocolate flavor
- 5 cups Post Honeycomb Cereal
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- Microwave chocolate chips in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1-1/2 min. Stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended.
- Pour over cereal in large bowl; Mix to coat chocolate over cereal.
- Spread out onto aluminum foil sheets.
- Sprinkle on coconut flakes
- Let stand 2 hours or until chocolate coating is set.
Above you can see that I only sprinkled the coconut on half of the honeycombs in case anyone wanted some without coconut. I also sprinkled a bit more coconut after the chocolate had set for a more “snowy” look.
These were a hit in my house, after all it’s Honeycomb cereal with chocolate and coconut, yum yum!
Have you tried making any snacks with Honeycomb Cereal? If so let us know we’d love to hear about it!