No need to heat up the kitchen or the whole house by turning on the oven when you can make this delicious Instant Pot Lemon Chicken Recipe!
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Chopped fresh parsley and lemon slices for garnish if desired
- In a small bowl, mix the smoked paprika, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Rinse and pat dry the chicken, then sprinkle with the seasoning mixture.
- Set the Instant Pot to SAUTE and add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Once hot, add the chicken breast, in batches if needed, cooking for 3-4 minutes on each side until browned. Remove from Instant Pot and set aside.
- Add the remaining olive oil, then toss in the onion and garlic, cooking for a minute until fragrant and slightly softened. Add the Italian seasoning, lemon juice and zest, and chicken broth and stir to combine. Nestle the chicken breast back into the Instant Pot, close the lid and set the valve to SEALING. Turn the Instant Pot on to MANUAL and set the time for *5-7 minutes (will depend on the size of your chicken breasts and your pressure cooker). Once done, do a quick release and remove the lid, then remove the chicken and set aside.
- Set the Instant Pot to SAUTE once more, and add the heavy cream. Allow the mixture to cook and thicken, stirring frequently, around 2 minutes. Place the chicken back into the Instant Pot and gently coat in the lemon garlic sauce.
- Garnish with parsley and lemon slices, and plate with your favorite sides. Serve immediately and enjoy!
*please note that cooking times of the chicken will depend on the size of the chicken breasts and even the type and size of your pressure cooker, age of the pressure cooker etc.. you may have to adjust cooking times accordingly once you’ve tested out the recipe for yourself.
Keywords: chicken, Instant pot, lemon chicken, chicken dinner, instant pot lemon chicken