This delicious Lemon Loaf Recipe is a great addition to your home-baked goods recipes. A delicious loaf with a light glaze is an ideal snack or treat!
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 stick butter (approx. ½ cup), softened
- Juice and zest of one lemon (approx. 2 tbsp lemon juice and 1 tbsp lemon zest)
- ½ cup whole milk
For the glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2–3 tbsp lemon juice (or more if needed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8×4 loaf pan with butter and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together all dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar and eggs until creamy.
- Add butter and mix thoroughly, followed by the lemon juice and zest.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, alternating with the milk. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
- Mix together confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice. Use enough lemon juice to make it a pourable glaze. Pour over cooled loaf. You can top with lemon zest if you like. Serve and enjoy.
You can add more lemon zest to the batter and also on top of the glaze if you want a more lemon-y test.
If you use lemon extract, use less and note that the taste is not the same but it’s an alternative. If you don’t have fresh lemons then yes the lemon juice in the bottles can be used but fresh lemons are the best.
Keywords: lemon loaf, lemon pound cake, lemon cake, lemon bread