These Lime Honey Sriracha Chicken Skewers are a delicious spicy and sweet take on a classic grilled chicken kebabs. Ready in no time this is a grilled chicken favourite. Whether you call them kebabs, kebob, kabob or skewers (yes these are all for food on a stick) you will love this lime honey sriracha chicken and vegetables recipe!
- 4 large chicken breasts, cut into cubed pieces
- 2 teaspoon lime zest, from one lime
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice, from 2-3 limes
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 ½–2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup & 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into 1-inch pieces
- Mushrooms 12–24 depending on how many you want on each skewer*
- 2 small zucchinis cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- Place the olive oil, soy sauce, honey, garlic, lime zest, lime juice, sriracha and salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Whisk to combine. If you’re having a hard time getting the honey to combine you can blend it all for 10-15 seconds in a blender.
- Set aside 1/3 of the marinade. If you don’t want brush more marinade over the skewers you can skip this step or even cut the marinade recipe by one third.
- The remaining 2/3rds of the marinade either keep it in the bowl or my preference is to add it to a large Ziploc bag
- Add the chicken and all of the cut vegetables in the bag (or bowl) and mix so that the marinade covers all the food.
- Cover and refrigerate for at minimum 1 hour, can be marinaded overnight too.
- Make sure the grill is clean. To grease the grill, lightly dip some paper towels in vegetable oil and carefully rub over the grates until glossy and coated.
- Preheat to medium-high heat
- We use metal skewers but if you’re using wooden ones make sure to soak in cold water for at least 30 minutes.
- Thread the chicken and vegetables onto the skewers. I put the skewers into deep dishes so I can pour the remaining marinade over the top and brush some extra onto the completed skewers.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked through and golden brown
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
*depending on the size of the mushrooms you may need to cut them in half. I like cremini mushrooms with the skewers.
** There is lots of marinade leftover as I make extra marinade so we can have the 1/3 to cover the assembled skewers. You can cut down the marinade if you don’t want to do that step. The kebabs will have more than enough flavour either way.
- Calories: 250 per skewer
Keywords: chicken, honey sriracha chicken, chicken skewers, chicken kebabs, lime honey sriracha chicken skewers, grilled chicken, grilled few