Powered by Mom’s Lion King Circle of Life Edition on Blu-Ray Review
Today is the day that the Lion King Circle of Life Edition was released on Blu-Ray! We have a secret to share we got it before the release date and couldn’t have been more thrilled about it. We haven’t watched the Lion King since it originally came out in theatres (gasp) when our daughter was little and now she’s a senior in high school!
Apparently, we aren’t the only ones who were excited about the Lion King release as it’s sold out on Amazon.ca and Best Buy online. Don’t fret though they will get them back in stock and then you can snag a copy.
Not only will you fall in love with this classic Disney coming of age movie again but you’ll get to enjoy over three hours of classic bonus material and exclusive brand new features inviting viewers to sing along with the film’s award-winning music, observe recording sessions, step inside the story room, witness the evolution of a villain, and join Nathan Lane (voice of Timon) and Matthew Broderick (voice of Adult Simba) for an extended conversation regarding the legacy of “The Lion King.”
“The Lion King” is the fifth title to join the Walt Disney Signature Collection, which includes groundbreaking films created or inspired by the imagination and legacy of Walt Disney, featuring timeless stories and characters that have touched generations. It takes its place alongside “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,” “Beauty and the Beast,” “Pinocchio” and “Bambi.”
I can tell you that it’s just as mesmerizing watching the Lion King now as it was when my daughter was little. She pretended she was too cool to watch the Lion King again but sure enough she had joined us on the couch and didn’t leave until it was over. It brought back memories of us singing together and we might have been singing along again this time. We shed some tears again and you know which part that was for and just overall enjoyed the masterpiece that is the Lion King. I can’t wait to share it with some of her younger cousins!
- Brand New Sing-Along Version
- Audio Commentary – View the film with commentary by producer Don Hahn and co-directors Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff.
- Visualizing a Villain – Against a backdrop of live dancers and the animated “Be Prepared” sequence, artist David Garibaldi paints a masterpiece of evil.
- The Recording Sessions – Watch rare footage of the actors recording their roles, matched with the final animation. Intro by Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff.
- Nathan and Matthew: The Extended Lion King Conversation – Nathan Lane (Timon) and Matthew Broderick (Adult Simba) offer candid and hilarious insights into their Lion King experiences.
- Inside the Story Room – Co-directors Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff present archival footage of five original story pitches.
- Circle of Life – See how colour creates emotion and meaning in the film’s iconic opening.
- Simba & Nala – See how elements proposed in story meetings evolve into what appears onscreen.
- Simba Takes Nala Out to Play – …And, sometimes what seems funny in story meetings never makes it into the film!
- Hakuna Matata – Co-directors Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff sing, act and dance their hearts out as they pitch the “Hakuna Matata” sequence.
- Rafiki and Reflecting Pool – Co-directors Roger Allers & Rob Minkoff pitch a sequence that became the emotional heart of The Lion King to Producer Don Hahn.
- Music & More – Sing along to your favourite songs from the movie!
- “Circle of Life”
- “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King”
- “Be Prepared”
- “Hakuna Matata”
- “Can You Feel the Love Tonight”
- Visual Development – Explore a gallery of striking artwork that inspired the movie’s look and feel.
- Character Design – Trace the development of the film’s unforgettable characters through early concept art drawings.
- Storyboards – Examine storyboards created in the development of “The Lion King.”
- Layouts – Feast your eyes on layouts created in the development of “The Lion King.”
- Backgrounds & Layouts – Journey through a gallery of landscape paintings that shaped the world of “The Lion King.”
- Classic Bonus Features (Digital Only) – These offerings from prior home entertainment releases include hours of bonus material, such as bloopers, audio commentary, deleted and alternate scenes, and in-depth journeys into the music, film, story, animals and stage show.
Now go and put yourself on a waitlist to get your own Blu-Ray copy of the Lion King Circle of Life Edition! You can get it on Amazon, Best Buy and many other retailers. Don’t forget to check out our Disney section for other movie reviews, travel articles and more all to do with Disney HERE.