- 2 cups frozen mango chunks
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 frozen banana (about 6 thin slices)
- 3/4 – 1 cup almond milk
- Sweetener to taste (if needed)
- Add the ingredients to a blender in the following order.
- Start with 3/4 cup almond milk, then the frozen banana, followed by mango, yogurt, and chia seeds.
- Blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides and adding more almond milk as needed.
- Taste and adjust sweetness to your liking, and blend again for a few seconds to incorporate the sweetener.
We like our smoothies very thick but if you like yours a little thinner, just add more almond milk.
This will keep in the refrigerator for up to three days, but keep in mind that the chia seeds will continue to thicken it. To thin it out, you can just add a little more almond milk, and give it a good shake before you drink it.
The mango is the star of the show in this smoothie, so we only used a half of a banana to help thicken it. Bananas are delicious, but the flavor can be overpowering if you use too much.
The yogurt makes it nice and creamy and adds some healthy protein
Chia seeds are a nutritional powerhouse, and if you couldn’t see them, you wouldn’t even know they were there!
- Serving Size: 1 large smoothie