Mini Cupcakes Recipe: Holiday Desserts
A treat for the holidays
The holidays are soon upon us and whether you’re doing a ton of holiday baking or just want to do something tasty and fun with the kiddos these mini cupcakes are great treat for the holiday season.
Let’s face it almost everyone loves cupcakes and these bite-sized treats are a yummy addition to any gathering. Get the kiddos to make them with you and enjoy making and eating them together.Print
- 12 vanilla cupcakes, cooled down and ready for decorating
- 4-5 oz. yellow fondant
- Small star cookie cutter
- Cornstarch for rolling
- 1 ½ sticks butter, softened
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 4-5 tbsp milk
- ¼ tsp Kelly green gel food coloring
- Begin by creating your fondant stars. Lightly dust cornstarch on a clean working surface and on your rolling pin. Roll out fondant so that it’s about ¼ of an inch thick.
- Use cookie cutter to cut out star shapes. You’ll need 12. Set aside on wax paper.
- Make buttercream by beating butter, icing sugar and milk with an electric mixer on medium speed. Gradually increase the speed to high and beat until smooth and forms stiff peaks.
- Add gel food coloring to buttercream and mix until completely colored.
- With a piping bag, frost each cupcake. Add one fondant star to each cupcake and serve.
If you have other cookie cutter shapes you prefer to use go for it.
Who is ready to make some of this tasty treats this holiday season?Make sure to PIN this holiday cupcakes recipe so you can make it later. We hope you enjoy them!