- 12 vanilla cupcakes, cooled down and ready for decorating
- 4-5 oz. yellow fondant
- Small star cookie cutter
- Cornstarch for rolling
- 1 ½ sticks butter, softened
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 4-5 tbsp milk
- ¼ tsp Kelly green gel food coloring
- Begin by creating your fondant stars. Lightly dust cornstarch on a clean working surface and on your rolling pin. Roll out fondant so that it’s about ¼ of an inch thick.
- Use cookie cutter to cut out star shapes. You’ll need 12. Set aside on wax paper.
- Make buttercream by beating butter, icing sugar and milk with an electric mixer on medium speed. Gradually increase the speed to high and beat until smooth and forms stiff peaks.
- Add gel food coloring to buttercream and mix until completely colored.
- With a piping bag, frost each cupcake. Add one fondant star to each cupcake and serve.
If you have other cookie cutter shapes you prefer to use go for it.