Powered by Mom’s Mini Strawberry Trifle Recipe
Bring on the yummy Mini Strawberry Trifle!
Get the kids to help you with this mini strawberry trifle recipe. They will have fun smashing the cookies and even more fun eating the trifle!
We all love desserts but it’s even better when it’s easy and quick to make too and that’s exactly what this Mini Strawberry Trifle is, quick, easy and delicious! If you like the trifle to be a firmer texture use the whipped topping. I however prefer to use real whip cream and don’t mind if it’s a soft consistency.
One thing to keep in mind when using the whipped cream though is that it doesn’t last as long unless you freeze it. In my opinion it’s just as good frozen, it’s actually one of my favorite ways to eat it, only when it’s made with the whipped cream though, not store bough whipped topping. The ones in the pictures are made with the whipped topping because it does make for good pictures and it does still taste very good.
Now let’s get on to this recipe shall we?
- 1 box Strawberry Jell-O Mix
- 1 Container Whipped topping, thawed or 3 Cups of real whipped cream)
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Cups Strawberries, diced
- 24- 25 Nila Wafer Cookies (or graham crackers will do as well)
- In a bowl, combine the jello powder and water. Stir till it dissolved and then add the container of whipped topping. Mix until it’s well combined (it will shrink in volume).
- In a ziploc bag, put the nila wafers and smash them with a mallet or rolling pin, or even a glass. Crush them to a rough consistency
- Divide the crushed wafers between four ramekins or desert bowls
- Divide and sprinkle the diced strawberries on top of the crushed wafers
- Pour approximately ½ C of the jello mixture on top of the strawberries.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Now how easy does that look? Super easy, kid friendly and of course the best part is always how yummy it tastes. Strawberry is one of our favorite flavors with this recipe but you could do mango or orange in my humble opinion.
These do not last long in our home and there’s only three of us! You may want to double the recipe if your family loves dessert. These can look so fancy and now you know they’re not hard to make at all.
Now I’m hungry again and we’ve already run out hmmm I guess I should go and make some more. Maybe I won’t tell the family I’ve made more until I’ve at least tested one out. After all mom deserves some desserts too right? We hope you enjoy this Mini Strawberry Trifle Recipe. Let us know below if you try it out!
Get our FREE Simply Sweet Recipes eBook HERE