Monster Cookies Recipe: Easy Halloween Treats!
These monster cookies are perfect for Halloween or any time of year. The star is a dressed up store-bought ingredient of Oreos that will impress all ages!
I am not really a crafty person so when it comes to Halloween themed stuff I turn to ideas with food. Decorating food however like crafting and is kind of related is also not my strength so I need easy crafts and easy decorating ideas.That’s why I love these Oreo Monster Cookies, they are fun, great for Halloween or any time of the year and even the less crafty like myself can make them. Even if you make a little mistake like the mouth is not quite what you want, so what, it’s a Monster Cookie it can look weird.Print
These monster cookies are perfect for Halloween or any time of year. The star is a dressed up store-bought ingredient that will impress all ages!
- 12 Oreo cookies
- 1 cup purple candy melts
- 1 cup green candy melts
- 1 cup brown candy melts
- 3 tsp coconut oil, divided
- Green sprinkles
- Orange sprinkles
- Purple sprinkles
- 15-20 candy google eyes
- 5 mini pretzel sticks, broken into smaller pieces
- Black decorating frosting
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- Place each candy melt color into a microwave safe bowl. Add 1 tsp of coconut oil in each bowl.
- Microwave candy in 30-second intervals until completely melted.
- With the help of a fork, dip each Oreo cookie in a bowl of melted candy. If you’re making 12 cookie monsters, I recommend doing 4 of each color. Once completely coated, place gently on a lined baking sheet.
- Decorate your coated cookies with sprinkles (they will act as your monster’s hair!) and an eye (or two!).
- Use the broken pretzel sticks as horns for some of your monsters and give some of your other monsters spooky grins with your black decorating frosting. Enjoy and Happy Halloween!
Keywords: monster cookies, oreos, oreo treats, Halloween treats
Imagine all the different monster cookies you and your kiddos could make? Just change the color of the candy melts, the sprinkles for the hair or whatever you want. My daughter is a teenager now but even she had fun doing these and she even asked if we could do some for her birthday to serve to her friends.I admit I enjoyed eating these monster cookies too because you know there are Oreos under there and I may or may not have a slight weakness for them. You can even use different flavored Oreos if you like from the mint ones to vanilla or make slightly taller ones with the double cream Oreos. Oh yes I’ve thought about this a bit haven’t I?!We hope you enjoy making and eating these fun Monster Cookies as much as we do! PIN this recipe for later.
Make sure to check out our other yummy recipes HERE.