These monster cookies are perfect for Halloween or any time of year. The star is a dressed up store-bought ingredient that will impress all ages!
- 12 Oreo cookies
- 1 cup purple candy melts
- 1 cup green candy melts
- 1 cup brown candy melts
- 3 tsp coconut oil, divided
- Green sprinkles
- Orange sprinkles
- Purple sprinkles
- 15–20 candy google eyes
- 5 mini pretzel sticks, broken into smaller pieces
- Black decorating frosting
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- Place each candy melt color into a microwave safe bowl. Add 1 tsp of coconut oil in each bowl.
- Microwave candy in 30-second intervals until completely melted.
- With the help of a fork, dip each Oreo cookie in a bowl of melted candy. If you’re making 12 cookie monsters, I recommend doing 4 of each color. Once completely coated, place gently on a lined baking sheet.
- Decorate your coated cookies with sprinkles (they will act as your monster’s hair!) and an eye (or two!).
- Use the broken pretzel sticks as horns for some of your monsters and give some of your other monsters spooky grins with your black decorating frosting. Enjoy and Happy Halloween!
Keywords: monster cookies, oreos, oreo treats, Halloween treats