Powered by Mom’s No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars Recipe
If you love chocolate and peanut butter you will adore these chocolate peanut butter bars with a crushed Oreos base layer! These are a major hit in my home especially with my peanut butter loving cup daughter. Seriously she loves those Reese’s Peanut Butter cups so much and everyone knows it that for her her recent birthday all of her friends put some in their gifts to her!
Between the rich chocolate and sweet and salty of the peanut butter the crushed Oreo cookies base just takes these chocolate peanut butter bars to a whole other tasty level. Another reason to love these chocolate peanut butter bars besides their heavenly deliciousness is that they’re no bake, yep no oven required. So you can make these all year long which you might have to once your friends and family get one bite of these. They’re not going to be able to stop at one bite, or is that just my family?
Now who is ready for this delicious recipe? Here you go, you won’t believe how easy it is. The hardest part about this chocolate peanut butter bars recipe is waiting for them chill and set!Print
- 16 Oreos
- 14 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 ½ cups peanut butter
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 1 ¾ cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Handful peanut butter cups, roughly chopped
- Line an 8×8 pan with aluminum foil and set aside.
- In a food processor, add the oreos and pulse until a fine crumble forms. Melt 4 tablespoons of butter in a microwave-safe dish, then add it to the oreo crumbles and pulse for several more seconds until combined. Press mixture into the bottom of the pan in an even layer.
- In a large, microwave-safe dish, add 5 tablespoons of butter and the peanut butter. Melt in 30-second increments until melted and smooth. Stir in the brown sugar and powdered sugar, then press into the pan on top of the oreo base.
- Wipe out the bowl, then add the remaining 5 tablespoons of butter and the chocolate chips and microwave for 1 minute, then stir carefully and continue microwaving in 30-second increments, if needed, until melted and smooth. Pour over the peanut butter mixture and smooth out to the edges. Sprinkle with the chopped peanut butter cups, then chill for at least 3 hours in the fridge. Let stand for 5-10 minutes at room temperature before serving.
Now doesn’t that look easy? Especially for such a delectable treat as these chocolate peanut butter bars! Who wants to go and make some and like now? If you’re not ready yet that’s okay too just PIN them for later.
My daughter has declared that I need to make these chocolate peanut butter bars at least once a month. I’m not sure my waistline could take that but my tastebuds agree!
Don’t forget we’ve got lots to share here on Powered by Mom. Between our travel section and all of our delicious recipes you do not want to miss out. Just take a look at this No Bake Samoa Cheesecake Recipe for starters. That’s just one of many tasty treats on Powered by Mom. We’ve got everything from appetizers, to full meals and of course something to satisfy your sweet tooth too!