A delicoius no-bake strawberry mascarpone tart recipe is a perfect summer dessert but delicious for any occasion any time of year. Made with fresh fruit, mascarpone cheese and almonds (optional) it’s bound to be the hit of any gathering. Wonderful for Mother’s Day, 4th of July, Canada Day or any occasion.
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons almond butter, melted
- 16 ounces mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 16 ounces fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- fresh mint leaves, for garnishing (optional)
- Prepare the crust: Hand mix the graham cracker crumbs, almond flour, butter, and almond butter until combined and it’s all moistened. Press the crust into a 10-inch round tart pan. Place in the freezer while preparing the filling.
- Prepare the filling: In another bowl stir the mascarpone, sugar, vanilla extract, and almond extract until combined and it’s nice and creamy. Evenly spread over the graham crust, then refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- While the tart is in the fridge, slice the strawberries, cut off the stems and cut vertically into thin slices. Remove the tart from the fridge and place the strawberry slices onto the mascarpone filling in any fashion desired. Drizzle the tart with honey, then garnish with sliced almonds and if desired the mint.
- Serve immediately or keep refrigerated, loosely covered, until ready to serve.
Before serving but after the tart has set is when you want to garnish with the sliced almonds and mint if using.
Can be made with other berries or a combination of berries but we loved how it tasted (and looked) with the strawberries.
You can also top with vanilla ice cream or whip cream with a hint of vanilla for an even more decadent treat. Although this no-bake tart is decadent just the way it is too.