Nubian Heritage Wellness Collection
Do you like skin care to be cruelty-free, paraben-free, sulfate-free, phthalates-free, paraffin-free, and with no petroleum, DEA, synthetic fragrances, and coloring? Then you want Nubian Heritage for body and hair. Mixing up natural oils and indigenous ingredients, Nubian Heritage has developed the ultimate wellness collection.
A Sampling of the Luxury
A cornerstone of the wellness collection, there are body washes available in every single scent and blend I could find. With a variety of nourishing oils used in the blends, these body washes are thick and rich. I only needed a very small amount to wash head to toe. It lathers up beautifully and your skin feels silky smooth after rinsing it. Some people may not like the sensation as it does feel like you haven’t fully rinsed it off, but you have. This is due to the vitamin-rich oils that nourish your skin even after rinsing. I’ll go through the special properties of each I received. I had a difficult time choosing. They are all great! All of the washes contain fair-trade shea butter for extra richness.
- Honey & Black Seed: Considered smoothing and perfecting, this blend contains black seed oil and honey. Black seed oil has been used for more than 3,000 for its nutrient-rich properties. Honey is a natural antioxidant and helps you keep a healthy glow.
- Indian Hemp & Haitian Vetiver: Both of the softening and moisturizing ingredients in this blend have been used for around 4,000 years. Neem oil is very moisturizing and hemp is known as the “oil of tranquility.”
- Patchouli & Buriti: Patchouli oil is wonderful or maturing and oily skin, helping to balance and firm the skin. Buriti fruit oil from South America softens rough skin, moisturizes, and calm any redness and irritation.
- Coconut & Papaya: Coconut oil is wonderfully moisturizing and full of healthy fats for the skin. Papaya is a favorite in skincare for its naturally exfoliating and rejuvenating properties.
- Lavender & Wildflowers: One of their newest blends, this florally scented wash is relaxing and nourishing. Vitamin E oil softens and soothes the skin, as does the lavender and other American wildflowers in this mix.
The Nubian Heritage wellness collection also contains many other skin care regimes. I chose the Coconut & Papaya sugar scrub for a luxurious treat. It feels a little dry when you scoop some up but once you start rubbing it on, it flows perfectly. The sugar and ground coconut husk offers great exfoliation. The combined safflower seed oil, shea butter, coconut oil, olive fruit oil, and jojoba seed oil left my skin glowing and smooth. I cannot get enough of this stuff! I don’t even have to put lotion on after using it.
When I do need lotion, I use the Abyssinian Oil & Chia Seed body souffle. Touted as revitalizing and youth-infusing, it is a light and fluffy moisturizer. Abyssinian oil help with uneven texture, tone, and dullness, while amaranth extract and chis seed oil is extra nourishing. A little bit goes a long way and does not leave you feeling sticky or oily. It is lightweight and smells heavenly.
I chose the African Black Soap wellness collection products for my “daily routine” needs. African Black Soap is made the culturally authentic way with leaves, cocoa pods, shea tree bark and plantain ash, all in coconut oil and shea butter. It is considered a “cure-all” of skin care and for helping with blemishes, dark spots, exfoliation, and soothing eczema, psoriasis, and dandruff. The deodorant goes on much easier and smoother than other natural deodorants I have tried. It has a light, almost imperceptible scent. I have yet to get into the set habit of applying it once per day, but I have noticed no body odor throughout the day after applying it. Nubian Heritage says it is supposed to be good for 24-hours!
I loved the anti-acne clarifying spot treatment. You can easily apply it right from the tube with a soft silicone-like nib. The formula helped clear up some spot on my face and was not overly drying at all. I was pleasantly surprised.
I chose the softening and moisturizing Indian Hemp & Haitian Vetiver bath bombs. These bath bombs may not be big in size, but left my body smooth, relaxed, and nourished. The smell is wonderful and they fizz up just fine. Vetiver is considered the “oil of tranquility.” I used these as the perfect treat for your body right before bed when you don’t want to worry about scrubs and lotions.
The Best Care
My skin has probably not been this soft since I was a baby. It looks healthy. It is smooth and elastic. And most of all, the Nubian Heritage wellness collection is pure luxury. I almost feel guilty using it, it’s so luxurious. All the scents are lovely. I did not find them overpowering. All of their fragrances are derived from natural essential oils. You can find the Nubian Heritage wellness collection on their website or at Vitamin Shoppe.
Don’t forget to check out our other categories such as our Recipes section for tasty meals!