Nutri Ninja BlendMax DUO Review
Test it out with this delicious Mocha Protein shake that doubles as your morning coffee!
The Nutri Ninja BlendMax Duo System is a Powered by Mom Holiday Gift Guide Pick.
See our 2016 Holiday Gift Guide HERE
Since my little boys were born, I’m up 50 pounds and trying to shake it off. It’s not so much about how I look – it’s more about how I FEEL, and my overall health.
One of my favorite ways to ensure I am getting enough food – but the right foods – while I breastfeed and try to lose those pounds is by drinking my food. I’ve been making all sorts of smoothies and shakes, especially for breakfast. And my latest trick: I turn my afternoon coffee break into a little extra protein boost by making a delicious shake (I shared with you the recipe below).
This morning, I tossed a few frozen broccoli florets into the blender, together with some baby carrots, a banana, chia seeds, protein powder, and milk. That’s two servings of vegetable and protein and a serving of fruit right there!
The thing is, as I use different ingredients throughout the day, it’s not necessarily a one-size-fits-all situation. Different ingredients have different blending needs and that’s the genius of the Nutri Ninja Ninja BlendMax Duo: you get a two-in-one experience.
About Nutri Ninja:
“Ninja® is one of several house-care brands developed by SharkNinja Operating LLC, a pioneer in small household appliances and cleaning solutions that fit the lifestyles of busy people.
By providing highly functional, innovative products, SharkNinja has rapidly carved out a significant market share in the housewares industry, becoming one of the leading companies in this sector. From cutting-edge, chemical-free steam mops to state-of-the-art blender systems, SharkNinja products positively impacting people’s lives every day in every home around the world.”
The Ninja Blender Duo shows this innovation by relating to what moms like me need. It comes with two types of blenders in one machine: a nutrient extraction blender – with a blade that fits right into two included cups, and a powerful crushing blender to to puree and make smoothies, milkshakes and more.
Their powerful blender once again shows that they are leading the industry and making things both convenient and extra functional.
Features of the Nutri Ninja Ninja BlendMax Duo:
- Auto iQ programming: Push the right button and the blender knows what to do!
- Nutrient and vitamin extraction: breaks up seeds, frozen fruit, and smaller amounts of ice using blend and ultra blend features.
- Total crushing technology: Can make dips, sauces and purees, and even crush larger amounts of ice to make snow and smoothies.
- Comes with an 18 oz and a 24 oz Tritan Nutri Ninja cup plus lids for each.
- Huge 88 oz pitcher for crushing, with a spout lid
- You get a beautiful glossy cookbook full of recipes to get you started. It includes a guide for the best presets for making your own recipes.
- 2 ways to use it: Choose from five presets and then choose boost on or off (to blend more or less.) Or, you can go with classic modes and choose High, Medium, Low or Pulse.
- Blades, containers, and lids are dishwasher safe.
- Containers and lids are BPA free.
I tested the Ninja BlendMax Duo on my afternoon coffee yesterday. Well, it was more like a mocha milkshake with an added protein boost. I hope you enjoy!
Mocha Protein Shake Recipe
In one of the cups, put a few squares of milk chocolate, a small handful of raw cashews, a teaspoon of instant coffee, and a teaspoon of Stevia sweetener (or 2 teaspoons of sugar.)
Add a few ice cubes if you want and a scoop of ice cream (I used Rocky Road ice cream.) Add a scoop of whey protein powder as well. If you have a chocolate flavored powder, that’s the best!
Top it off with as much milk as you’d like. When you blend, you don’t need to worry about using hot water to dissolve the coffee and sugar – the blending does it for you.
Place the lid on the cup and put the cup on the base. I did smoothie for this but I don’t think that was the right setting – I’m still learning it! I would recommend pulsing until it’s ready.
I also chose NOT to boost, which was perfect – I ended up with tiny bits of chocolate and nuts inside that made it even more delicious.
Remove the blade and top off with whipped cream if you want.
Add the lid and drink away! This gave me an extra boost to get my work done yesterday.
And I loved that I didn’t have to wash a blender AND a cup – the blender serves as the cup itself.
If you are looking for a powerful appliance that will meet all your various blending needs – from hummus, to soup, to purees, and a better version of coffee, the Nutri Ninja Ninja BlendMax Duo is the perfect choice! Read more on this fantastic system HERE.
This mocha milkshake has an added protein boost and comes together in the Nutri Ninja Blendmax Duo in moments. Enjoy!
- 3 squares milk chocolate
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1 t instant coffee
- 2 t sugar (or equivalent in Stevia sweetener)
- 5 ice cubes
- 1 scoop Rocky Road ice cream
- 1 scoop chocolate flavored whey protein powder
- Milk as desired
- Add the ingredients in the order listed.
- Top it off with milk as desired.
- Pulse until ingredients are all blended.