Oatmeal Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
It’s a yummy twist to chocolate chip cookies, say hello to the scrumptious Oatmeal Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies! I love chocolate chip cookies and oatmeal ones are my favorite but it’s fun to mix it up a bit and this combination is just yummy!
I know a lot of people only want pumpkin anything during the fall season but I like it any time of the year and when you add it to these Oatmeal Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies I just can’t resist them! So let’s get on to this delicious recipe shall we?
- Ingredients (In the order you will use them).
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 tablespoons of butter, softened
- 2 eggs, room temperature and whisked in a separate container before adding
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups flour, leveled
- 1 cup Quick Oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chocolate chips (we used chocolate chunks cut from a dark chocolate bar)
- Pre-heat the oven to 375
- In a large bowl, beat both sugars, egg and butter with a hand mixer until smooth
- Add the vanilla and pumpkin puree, mix well
- In the same bowl, add the flour on top of the wet ingredients. Sprinkle it around, do not dump it in one pile
- Add the baking powder and baking soda the same way, sprinkle around evenly
- Add the cinnamon, quick oats and chocolate chips
- Mix by hand until combined and all ingredients have been incorporated
- Drop spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes. Times may vary, start on the low side and add 2 minutes at a time until golden brown.
- Allow to cool on the pan for about 2-3 minutes. Then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Nothing left to do but Enjoy! Or maybe clean… but I usually have a helper keeping up with that as I go!
This recipe uses Quick Oats, we do not suggest substituting Old Fashioned Oats as it will affect the results of the finished cookie. Quick Oats are cut so they cook faster.
* For this recipe I use a “1 bowl method”. I have never seen a difference in mixing dry ingredients separately first. Baking experts would probably disagree, but this works me and less of a mess is always better!
I love all of the ingredients in this recipe and let me tell you the finished product is darn tasty if I do so say myself. It’s not a strong pumpkin taste, it’s subtle and it adds moisture to the cookie making it even more delicious and moist. Don’t these Oatmeal Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies look good?
You can add nuts or cranberries or whatever you want as well to these cookies but we are chocolate lovers so ours always have chocolate. Grab a glass of milk, hot chocolate or your coffee, sit down, relax and enjoy these cookies. They are a family favorite around here and I usually have to triple the recipe as they go very, very fast.
We have other yummy recipes so make sure to check them out too while you’re here. We’ve got desserts, appetizers, smoothies and entrees, take a gander print a recipe or two, you’ll love them all.
Get our FREE Simply Sweet Recipes eBook HERE
If you try out any of our recipes come back and let us know how you liked them we love to hear from you. Feel free to share your recipe with us too or suggest what recipes you would like us to do. Thanks for stopping by and happy eating.