One Pot Chicken Enchiladas with Cauliflower Rice
Healthier but just as delicious One Pot Chicken Enchiladas with Cauliflower Rice!
Who loves chicken enchiladas? I do but I confess I love carbs but carbs don’t always love me and rice is one of my favourite carbs! Rice is a family favourite, my daughter would live off of brown rice if I let her but then she has the metabolism for it and I don’t. That’s why I like to come up with alternatives that are just as delicious but work with my more sluggish metabolism. That’s how I came up with this yummy One Pot (or skillet if you like) Chicken Enchiladas with Cauliflower Rice!
The key to any good recipe is quality ingredients and for me that means when we’re cooking chicken it has to be chicken raised by a Canadian chicken farmer. I will not buy chicken that doesn’t have the raised by a Canadian Chicken Farmer’s logo on it? I’m glad you asked here’s just a few of the reasons:
- Canadian chicken is a healthy choice is that it’s grain-fed, free of added hormones and steroids, and raised right here in Canada according to nationally-set, high food safety and animal care standards.
- There is a mandatory, robust, third- party-audited Animal Care Program that is administered across all Canadian chicken farms.
- Canadian chicken farmers adhere to a strict mandatory On-Farm Food Safety Program.
- The majority of these farms are family owned and run and as small business owners we like to support other family-owned and run small businesses.
Those are just a few of the reasons, there are so many more! For more info about Chicken Farmers of Canada go HERE.
Now let’s get on to this delicious one-pot chicken enchildas recipe shall we?Print
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 16 oz riced cauliflower
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 24 oz red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup grated cheese (we used cheddar but you can use mozzarella, Colby and more)
- In a large skillet over
medium highheat, add the olive oil. Slice the chicken breast into thin strips, then add to the pan and cook on each side for 2 minutes, sprinkling with the salt and pepper, until browned and cooked through. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
- If the pan is looking dry, add a little extra olive oil, then add the onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes, until they soften and become fragrant. Add the red bell pepper and riced cauliflower and continue to cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the frozen corn, followed by the cooked chicken and stir to combine. Slowly stir in the enchilada sauce and then reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and allow to melt, then serve immediately with your favorite garnishes.
You can have rice instead of cauliflower rice of course but this will be a lot more carbs.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 354
- Sugar: 6.9g
- Sodium: 389.6mg
- Fat: 11.4g
- Carbohydrates: 20.8g
- Protein: 25.2g
Now don’t these chicken enchiladas look yummy? I also love that it’s all in one pot or pan so less dishes to clean afterwards, that’s always a good thing!For something a little bit different, fairly quick to make and a change from Taco Tuesday try our one-pot chicken enchiladas with cauliflower rice instead. I know you won’t be disappointed!Since I love avocados, naturally I like to top off our chicken enchiladas with some, some lime juice and fresh cilantro and you’re all set for one scrumptious meal!
Don’t forget to PIN this One-Pot Chicken Enchiladas with Cauliflower Rice recipe for later!Amazing news Chicken Farmers of Canada have a $5000 Spring Contest that ends March 25 at 11:59 pm EST GO HERE to enter.
So are you ready to go and make some chicken enchiladas with cauliflower rice? Your family and your tastebuds will thank you!If you want to find out more about all things chicken related, make sure to follow Chicken.ca on their social media channels.
We’ll just leave you with one more photo of our chicken enchiladas with cauliflower rice to make your mouth water!Make sure to check out our recipes section for other yummy ideas like this Rosemary Chicken Bacon Avocado Salad! GO HERE for that recipe.
Disclosure: I am participating in the Chicken Farmers of Canada campaign managed by SJ Consulting. I received compensation in exchange for my participation in this campaign. The opinions on this blog are my own.