Powered by Mom Shares a Paleo Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
The colder weather always makes me crave some warm and tasty soup. This Paleo Butternut Squash Soup Recipe satisfies that craving, it’s full of flavour and warms you to your toes.
Butternut squash is one of my favourite squashes and I so love it in the Paleo Butternut Squash Soup. You can also add some curry spices to this soup for a slightly different flavour, it’s so versatile.
If you and your family love Paleo Butternut Squash Soup as much as we do you might want to double the batch and freeze some of it. This Paleo Butternut Squash Soup freezes nicely and it’s so handy to be able to take some out of the freezer whenever you want.
Check out this quick video to see each step to making this yummy recipe.
Okay so who’s ready to check out this Paleo Butternut Squash Soup Recipe?Print
Paleo Butternut Squash Soup Recipe Recipe Type : Soup Author: Michelle-Powered by Mom Serves: 6
- 1 small Butternut Squash, peeled and cubed (about 8 cups of cubed butternut squash)
- 1 medium sized Onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of Ground Ginger
- ½ teaspoon of Chili Powder
- ½ teaspoon of Ground Clove
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 cups of Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup of Coconut Milk
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with foil and grease it.
- Dump the cubed butternut squash in a single layer. Season with salt and pepper and a light drizzle of olive oil. Bake for 25 to 30 minute, or till the squash is tender and slightly charred.
- Meanwhile, in a large soup pot, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onion and sauté it till translucent.
- Add the spices – garlic powder, ground ginger, cinnamon, clove and chili powder, salt and pepper, and sauté for another minute.
- Next add the roasted butternut squash, half the broth and coconut milk. Let it all simmer for 5 minutes.
- Puree the soup using a stick/immersion blender. Or puree it in batches, using a regular blender or food processor.
- Return the blended soup to medium heat. Check and adjust seasoning.
- Add the remaining broth and coconut milk and let it simmer for 3 to 4 minutes, till it is smooth and creamy.
- Serve hot with and splash of coconut cream (thick coconut milk also works) and toasted pepitas and fresh herbs of choice.
Instead of butternut squash, sweet potatoes or pumpkin can be substituted.
For a delicious smoky flavor, use smoked paprika or chipotle peppers, instead of chili powder.
So are you drooling yet over this Paleo Butternut Squash Soup Recipe? I think I’m going to go and have another bowl of it right now! Feel free to PIN this yummy soup for later!
Don’t forget we’ve got lots to share here on Powered by Mom. Between our travel section and all of our delicious recipes you do not want to miss out. Just take a look at this No Bake Samoa Cheesecake Recipe for starters. That’s just one of many tasty treats on Powered by Mom. We’ve got everything from appetizers, to full meals and of course something to satisfy your sweet tooth too!