Parmesan Cream Sauce Chicken, Bacon and Mushroom Skillet Recipe
This Parmesan Cream Sauce Chicken Bacon and Mushroom Skillet is a great meal that is full of rich flavour that satisfies cravings and wows everyone at your dinner table! What’s not to love about a yummy chicken recipe in a flavourful cream sauce, yum.
Psst there’s also a $5,000 (yes you read that correctly) contest. Make sure to go to the bottom of this post to find out how to enter for 1 of 2 chances at $5,000!
Disclosure: I am participating in the Chicken Farmers of Canada campaign managed by SJ Consulting. I received compensation in exchange for my participation in this campaign. The opinions on this blog are my own.
If you’re not a fan of mushrooms you can skip putting them in this delicious parmesan cream sauce chicken, bacon and mushroom skillet recipe. I, however, love mushrooms and found that it brought this meal to a whole new level.I like to have this parmesan cream sauce chicken, bacon and mushroom skillet meal with a side of any veggies and a crusty baguette to soak up the delicious sauce. This tasty recipe is definitely not for those days where you’re watching what you eat, but perfect if you’re looking for a rich, comfort meal. If the chicken you buy at the grocery store doesn’t have the Raised by a Canadian Farmer logo (see below make sure to ask them to carry it.
Why what’s all the fuss about?
There are oh so many reasons but here are just few very good reasons to only buy chicken that has been raised by a Canadian farmer.
- Chicken raised by Canadian farmers is strictly monitored and audited by a third party. Canadian chicken farmers adhere to a strict mandatory On-Farm Food Safety Program.
- Canadian chicken farmers are committed to sustainability through innovation, by preserving the health of the land, providing value to Canada’s economy, and making affordable food for Canadians.
- Chicken that has been raised by a Canadian farmer supports the Canadian economy
We only buy chicken with this logo on it as I know we’re getting quality chicken and helping families like our own as many of these farms are family owned and operated. As a self-employed person, I like to support other small businesses. Are you ready for this yummy parmesan cream sauce chicken, bacon and mushroom skillet recipe?Print
Parmesan Cream Sauce Chicken and Mushroom Skillet is a great meal that is full of rich flavor that satisfies cravings and wows everyone at your dinner table!
For the chicken
- 6 chicken thighs (bone-in, skin-on or off)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
For the parmesan cream sauce
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 200g diced bacon
- 400g sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1 cup heavy cream OR half and half*
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Additional chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Fresh shaved or grated parmesan for garnish
- Preheat oven to 200°C | 400°F.
- Combine olive oil, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Rub the oil mixture over the chicken & completely coat.
- Heat oven proof skillet or pan on medium high heat. Sear chicken skin-side down first, until skin is crisp and golden brown. Rotate and sear the other side (about 2-3 minutes per side).
- Transfer to oven and roast until completely cooked through, about 25-30 minutes.
- When chicken is cooked, remove from skillet & set aside. Pour out of skillet half of the liquid left in the pan.
- Using the same skillet, sauté the garlic in the reserved liquid in the skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add bacon and cook until it just starts to crisp. Add mushrooms and herbs and cook until mushrooms start to soften.
- Pour in the cream, chicken broth and parmesan; simmer until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Season with pepper.
- Add the chicken back into the pan; allow to simmer for 1-2 minutes in the cream to take on the flavours.
- Garnish with parsley and shaved or grated parmesan, if desired. Serve over rice, pasta, with vegetables or my favourite with a baguette to soak up the yummy sauce.
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 504
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 435mg
- Fat: 32g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Protein: 44g
- Cholesterol: 155mg
Keywords: Parmesan cream sauce, Parmesan cream sauce chicken and bacon, chicken, bacon and mushrooms, chicken skillet
Now, who wants to go and make this delicious parmesan cream sauce chicken, bacon and mushroom skillet recipe? Not quite ready? Just make sure to PIN this recipe for later.
I was inspired to make this recipe after seeing something similar on Cafe Delites but I modified it as I didn’t want it as heavy a garlic presence and adjusted some of the other herbs to suit my tastes. You can see their recipe here.
Remember that giveaway I mentioned earlier? Well here you go!
ENTER TO WIN $5000
Win a $5000 winter warm up with Chicken Farmers of Canada. Ends March 24, 2019. Canadian residents only. Go here to the Canadian Chicken Farmers website to enter.
Make sure to check out some of our other yummy recipes like our Chicken Kebabs with Za’atar recipe below.