Parmesan Cream Sauce Chicken and Mushroom Skillet is a great meal that is full of rich flavor that satisfies cravings and wows everyone at your dinner table!
For the chicken
- 6 chicken thighs (bone-in, skin-on or off)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
For the parmesan cream sauce
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 200g diced bacon
- 400g sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1 cup heavy cream OR half and half*
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Additional chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Fresh shaved or grated parmesan for garnish
- Preheat oven to 200°C | 400°F.
- Combine olive oil, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Rub the oil mixture over the chicken & completely coat.
- Heat oven proof skillet or pan on medium high heat. Sear chicken skin-side down first, until skin is crisp and golden brown. Rotate and sear the other side (about 2-3 minutes per side).
- Transfer to oven and roast until completely cooked through, about 25-30 minutes.
- When chicken is cooked, remove from skillet & set aside. Pour out of skillet half of the liquid left in the pan.
- Using the same skillet, sauté the garlic in the reserved liquid in the skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add bacon and cook until it just starts to crisp. Add mushrooms and herbs and cook until mushrooms start to soften.
- Pour in the cream, chicken broth and parmesan; simmer until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Season with pepper.
- Add the chicken back into the pan; allow to simmer for 1-2 minutes in the cream to take on the flavours.
- Garnish with parsley and shaved or grated parmesan, if desired. Serve over rice, pasta, with vegetables or my favourite with a baguette to soak up the yummy sauce.
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 504
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 435mg
- Fat: 32g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Protein: 44g
- Cholesterol: 155mg
Keywords: Parmesan cream sauce, Parmesan cream sauce chicken and bacon, chicken, bacon and mushrooms, chicken skillet