Peanut Butter Cup Pie Recipe
This Peanut Butter Cup Pie Recipe is a Yummy Treat Any Time of year
Would you like a quick and easy dessert that your family will enjoy? This Peanut Butter Cup Pie is delicious, sweet, and a perfect treat any time of the year. I like to make it ahead of time, have plenty of time to chill it so that my family will get a cold, sweet dessert when they are ready for it.
Peanut Butter is a gooey, yummy, substance that makes anyone happy. We put it inside bread for a sweet treat, a lunchtime favorite, and now it is in desserts!
I take a cup of peanut butter, a block of cream cheese and mix it together in my stand mixer. It just makes it a lot easier than trying to mix it by hand. Oh, and use room temperature ingredients for this recipe. I then add a little vanilla and powdered sugar to this mixture. I blend until smooth. Set this aside for a few minutes in a bowl and wash the mixer bowl to use for the next step.
Taking heavy whipping cream, I put it in my mixer, using my whip attachment I whip the cream until its firm with stiff peaks.
Next, I incorporate the peanut butter mixture and the whipped cream until smooth. This is the most delicious concoction I’ve ever tasted. To make it even more yummy, I also add peanut butter and chocolate chips to the filling. No lie, it’s amazing!
Pour the filling into a pre-made pie crust. I like to use chocolate for this. If you can’t find one, take chocolate sandwich cookies, blend them up, add a little butter to hold it together and press into a pan. You can also use chocolate graham crackers for this. But, like I said, use a pre-made crust. It is cheaper and less messy to use a pre-made.
To top this pie off, I melt some chocolate and peanut butter chips (separately) in the microwave and drizzle it on top. I also take chopped up peanut butter cups (I use the minis or single cups…but if you like, you can use the large ones), and sprinkle them on the top. This makes it look pretty, it tells what kind of pie it is and it is delicious.
Serve this pie with whipped cream if you like, or just as it is. One thing is for sure, if you wait to have a piece, it’ll be all gone!
- 1 8 oz Block Cream Cheese
- 1 cup peanut butter (creamy works best)
- 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 chocolate pre-made pie crust (any brand will work)
- 2/3 bag of peanut butter baking chips
- 2/3 bag of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 bag of peanut butter cups candies (chopped)
- Combine the cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar and vanilla extract together until smooth, using an electric mixer. Set this aside.
- Take the whipping cream and using an electric mixer, mix until the cream is fluffy and holds it’s shape. They also call this stiff peaks.
- Using a rubber spatula, combine all ingredients together until smooth. Add 1/3 bag of chocolate and peanut butter chips to the mixture, stirring until incorporated.
- Pour mixture into the pre-made pie crust.
- Sprinkle the top with the chopped peanut butter cups. Put in the refrigerator.
- For more decorations, you can take the remaining chips and melt them in the microwave and then drizzle the melted chips on top of the pie. You can also serve with whipped topping, if you prefer. Serve chilled.