Peppermint Kisses Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
Great for Christmas or Valentine’s Day or any time of year!
These Peppermint Kisses Chocolate Cupcakes any time of the year, think Christmas and hey with Valentine’s Day coming up it would be great for that special occasion too. In fact I think they would be perfect for Valentine’s Day too don’t you think. Besides who wouldn’t want chocolate and peppermint any time of the year?! I can already imagine having a cupcake in one hand and a hot chocolate in the other hand in front of roaring fireplace, oh yes that would be perfect. Before I take off to that fireplace seat let’s get on to this recipe first so that you too can enjoy it 🙂
Is your mouth watering at the sight of the cupcakes?Are ready to try this recipe out for yourself now? No boxed stuff here this is a cupcakes from scratch recipe and it’s totally worth it!
- 2 1/4 C flour
- 1 1/4 C sugar
- 1/2 C cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 C canola oil
- 3 eggs, room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 3/4 C buttermilk, room temp
- 3/4 C hot water
- 1/2 C Ghirardelli white chocolate wafers
- 1/3 C heavy cream
- 1 C unsalted butter, room temp
- 3 C powdered sugar
- 1/4 C heavy cream
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- Cupcake Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Sift flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine the eggs, oil, vanilla and peppermint together. Beating until light and foamy.
- Add the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk and hot water.
- Beating all ingredients until well blended.
- With an ice cream scoop fill each lined cupcake tin 2/3 rd's full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool in the cupcake pan for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Using a double boiler add the white chocolate wafers and 1/3 C of heavy cream.
- Stir occasionally until the chocolate melts and the chocolate and cream become smooth.
- Set aside to cool to room temp.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter until creamy.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar until well blended.
- Gradually add the 1/4 C cream, 1 TBSP at a time. Mix on low speed after each addition until well blended.
- Mix in salt and chocolate/cream mixture until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the vanilla and peppermint extracts.
- Spoon the frosting into a large pastry bag with a large round tip.
- Twist the open end of the pastry bag to push the frosting to the tip.
- Frost the cooled cupcake starting from the outside edge to the center of the cupcake.
- Add a peppermint Hershey Kiss to the center of the frosted cupcake.
Now if for some reason you don’t LOVE peppermint well then you can switch out the extract to one you do like almond, vanilla (yes vanilla goes with chocolate too) orange (or orange zest) and then just use a different Hershey’s Kisses chocolate they have so many you’re bound to find one you like. I hope you try the peppermint ones first though they are divine, feel free to add less peppermint extract though if you’re just not sure how much peppermint you like. You can play with that a bit if you want.
Now don’t be stingy on the icing as that’s part of the joy of these cupcakes and when it’s home made icing it’s always the best. Now that the cupcakes are done go make that cup of coffee, tea, hot chocolate or hey wine if you want, sit down, relax and enjoy the cupcake! It’s not to be rushed you know, it’s to be enjoyed 🙂 Can you tell I love my desserts? oh yes I do and this Peppermint Kisses Chocolate Cupcakes take well the cake 🙂
We hope you enjoy the Peppermint Kisses Chocolate Cupcakes as much as we obviously do, I can’t keep them in the house, seriously they’re gone before I know it! Now go and make some!