Pumpkin Bread Roll with Cream Cheese Icing Recipe
Powered by Mom shares a delicious pumpkin recipe!
It’s the season for everything pumpkin! If you love pumpkin then you definitely love this time of the year and we have a few pumpkin recipes to share with you. In addition to the this yummy pumpkin bread roll recipe we also have a Mason Jar Pumpkin and Cream Cheese Bread Recipe, Baked Pumkin French Toast and of course the Great Pumpkin Spice Mocha recipe too! I don’t know about you but I could have all of these pumpkin recipes any time, maybe all the time but that wouldn’t be good for the ole waistline now would it?
Now doesn’t that Pumpkin Bread Roll look yummy? It’s a great one to serve with coffee, as dessert and it has a nice presentation too, makes it look fancier than it is. Most importantly though it just tastes so good! So let’s get on to this recipe shall we?
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup Bisquickbiscuit baking mix
- 2 cups powdered sugar (1 cup for the bread roll & 1 cup after the roll is baked)
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Slowly add sugar to eggs and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 5 minutes. Add pumpkin, Bisquick and spices.
- Spread mix onto a greased piece of wax paper in a 10x15 jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.
- While the bread is baking sift 1 cup of powdered sugar into a clean dish towel or tea towel. Once bread is finished baking turn upside down onto towel.
- Wrap the bread inside the towel, you’re rolling it to of course get the bread roll shape.
- Cool completely on a rack with the seam side of the roll down.
- Mix cream cheese and butter to make filling.
- Add remaining 1 cup powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Unroll cake, spread cream cheese mixture and re-roll without the towel. Place seam side down onto plate and serve.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or more.
Is that making you hungry? I know it’s making me hungry and don’t worry once you’ve done this recipe a few times it’s super easy, you might even be a pro after the first time you make it. It’s totally worth it for this Pumpkin Bread Roll recipe, it’s just that good, it’s almost decadent with the cream cheese filling.
Sit down with a Pumpkin Spice Mocha, tea or whatever warm drink you like, a slice (or maybe two) of this Pumpkin Bread Roll with Cream Cheese and just enjoy. Maybe don’t tell the family right away so that you get a few minutes of peace and quiet, after all we have to get those moments where we can. However if you’re family is like mine they suddenly become bloodhounds when something is baking in the oven. Suddenly I have their undivided attention, funny how that works huh? 🙂
We hope you enjoy this recipe and if you try it out let us know!