Powered by Mom’s Pumpkin Crafts: DIY Flower Vase
You need to make these easy, elegant fall table centerpieces: DIY pumpkin vases. They are such a lovely addition to any table.
I love the idea of this mini pumpkin flower vase, it’s so vibrant, fun and yet elegant at the same time. It’s something you can do with the kids as well for a fun DIY home project. I love selecting the different colourful flowers to go in these mini pumpkin flower vases. Imagine the fun you and the kids could have with these pumpkin crafts. You could also paint the pumpkins for an even more elegant look with either a gold vase or black vase. Although I think the natural white pumpkin vase is also quite lovely.
Now who is ready to get onto these pumpkin crafts for your DIY flower vase?! Here you go!Print
You need to make these easy, elegant fall table centerpieces: DIY pumpkin vases
- Fresh miniature pumpkin
- Paring or carving knife
- Fresh water
- Selection of cut flowers and greenery
- Wash the surface of the pumpkin with warm soapy water and let dry.
- If the pumpkin wobbles, slice a small bit off the bottom (not too deep!) so that it sits flat on your surface.
- Carefully carve out a small, round opening at the top of the pumpkin using a sharp knife.
- Scoop out all of the loose flesh and seeds from the inside of the pumpkin. Cleaning them out at much as possible will help them last a bit longer.
- Fill the pumpkin about halfway with water.
- Add in any greenery you’d like to use.
- Add the tallest flowers in the center and shorter ones toward the outsides until you’re happy with your arrangement.
Once scooped out, the pumpkin vases will last about 2 weeks. You may, however, need to refresh the floral arrangement more frequently, depending on the types of flowers you use.
Who is ready to start their pumpkin crafts?!If you love the idea of these mini pumpkin flower vases make sure to PIN this for later so you can try making them yourself!