You need to make these easy, elegant fall table centerpieces: DIY pumpkin vases
- Fresh miniature pumpkin
- Paring or carving knife
- Fresh water
- Selection of cut flowers and greenery
- Wash the surface of the pumpkin with warm soapy water and let dry.
- If the pumpkin wobbles, slice a small bit off the bottom (not too deep!) so that it sits flat on your surface.
- Carefully carve out a small, round opening at the top of the pumpkin using a sharp knife.
- Scoop out all of the loose flesh and seeds from the inside of the pumpkin. Cleaning them out at much as possible will help them last a bit longer.
- Fill the pumpkin about halfway with water.
- Add in any greenery you’d like to use.
- Add the tallest flowers in the center and shorter ones toward the outsides until you’re happy with your arrangement.
Once scooped out, the pumpkin vases will last about 2 weeks. You may, however, need to refresh the floral arrangement more frequently, depending on the types of flowers you use.