Powered by Mom Blog we made pumpkin muffins this past weekend and they were yummy!
Pumpkin Muffins – these muffins are so tasty and of course when you make them yourself you can make them healthier. You can be creative too add cranberries or chocolate chips or pecans, frost them or not it’s all up to you no matter what you add these are yummy muffins!
My daughter and I couldn’t decide what we wanted to put in them so for our first dozen we mixed it up a bit. Four were plain pumpkin still yummy, four had chocolate chips in them and the last four my personal favorite had dried cranberries in them. As mentioned you can also make a cream cheese frosting for them, very delicious but then they become more like a dessert than just a muffin. The choice is yours!
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips or cranberries or (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease and flour muffin pan or use paper liners.
- Mix sugar, oil, eggs on low with your mixer. Add pumpkin and water. In separate bowl mix together the baking flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt.. Add wet mixture and stir in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
Here’s a picture of our yummy muffins which by the way are already all gone 🙂
Recipe credit to allrecipes.com HERE