- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, preferably cold
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup whipping cream plus 2 Tablespoons
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice mix, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Spice Candy Melts
- 2 teaspoons shortening or lard
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Stir all dry ingredients together, set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add in one egg at a time, then the 1/2 cup whipping cream, then the pumpkin puree and spices.
- Add the dry mixture into the pumpkin mixture one cup at a time, being careful not to overmix.
- Pour the mixture out onto a clean, floured surface and roll into a large circle, no more than 2″ thick.
- Cut into “pizza slice” triangles, and then brush overtop with the 2 Tablespoons whipping cream. Sprinkle on additional pumpkin spice mix.
- Bake on a lined baking sheet for 10-15 minutes until golden and scones have formed a hard crust.
- Cool on a baking sheet and meanwhile make the glaze. Melt the candy melts along with the shortening in a microwavable mug in 20 second bursts, stirring well in between.
- You can pipe the glaze onto the scones, or drizzle on with a spoon.